Another Small Quilt

When I was trying to figure out what to take on my trip for hand work,  I decided to make a small quilt just so I could bind it! I went to my Pinterest boards and chose to recreate a vintage doll quilt I had pinned. I cut my triangles from scraps.

And decided on a layout.

I used this die.

I sewed my rows together and ended up with this.

A bit of an odd shape for a quilt, but hang in with me. Time for some drastic measures.

Yep, I cut it in half. Then I switched the pieces around.

And sewed it back together. No waste!

Then came quilting.

Here is the back. It is a very old Kaye England print.

I chose this because it matched a piece of leftover binding I had that was just the right size.

Here are some finish pics.

Only a few days left of my trip. I am soaking up all the sun I can! I understand the kids are enjoying a snow day back home!

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Doll Quilts, Finishes, Scraps, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Another Small Quilt

1. Kathy D says:

What a sweet little quilt! Love that technique of cutting and reassembling, and your finish pics remind us that you’re somewhere warm and sunny. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Heulwen says:

Eeee, that turned out lovely, and I loved the tip about cutting it in half for a no-waste finish. I’ve done that with braid and Seminole piecing, but never equilateral triangles. Neat trick! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Jayne says:

How cute is this one? The color balance is fantastic! I love the little bit of pink!

4. Diane says:

Wow! what a great idea to cut the pieced top in half. Worked out great. Love the quilt. Diane

Really cute little quilt! Hugs,

6. I will have to remember this little trick.Thanks! Your quilt turned out sweet!!

7. Cรฉcile says:

Woooow ! You don’t hesitate to cut into your quilt ! Brave woman…;)
    Great work and the result is beautiful !

8. What a lovely little quilt. Great idea to slice and rejoin – love the idea of no waste!

9. Awesome little quilt and what a fantastic idea to cut that piece and move it to make a rectangle – I learn so much from you. Love your blog.
    Pauline
    perry94022 at hotmail dot com

10. Betty says:

One can never have to many small quilts

11. gayleburton says:

SO clever to rearrange the pieces to make this – thanks for educating us! (hope I can remember how to do that when I need it!)

12. Jasmine says:

Your piecing was so clever. Love your little quilt!

I love that technique, Katy!! I’m going to have to try it on a baby quilt. ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Janet O. says:

Clever trick–and a really cute little quilt. I’ll have to pin this and try it sometime.

15. Sandra B says:

Love this little quilt! And, what an awesome trick to cut it in half and then sew back together! Thanks for sharing….the quilt, and that time saving, no waste trick!

16. darlynn says:

i am in love!

17. This is a great trick. I’ve never seen that before. Think I need to give it a try.

18. Pingback: New Dies | KatyQuilts