Another Donation Quilt from the UFO List

When I listed my UFOs for the year, I included this pile of 6 inch HSTs.img_1340

Several years back,. I had emptied a bin of bright fabrics cutting them all up for use in donation quilts. Quilts Beyond Borders are made to finish at 42 by 60 inches so it takes 140 of these HSTs to make one quilt top for them.Β  Here is one I made a couple years ago.20130614-124044.jpg

I pulled these out and noticed that I had a lot of purple triangles and a lot in the green/blue/yellow range. So I started counting. Sure enough, I had enough to make an all purple quilt. And nearly enough for a green/blue/yellow quilt. So I chopped up some more layer cake squares I purchased on a Black Friday Connecting Threads sale and had enough for that one as well. I also have enough for a third multicolored variation that will be similar to the one shown above.

This is the die I used.

I started with the blue/green pile and have all the HSTs sewn and ready to press.

I can’t wait to get these up on the design wall!

Linking up with Free Motion by the River, Blossom Heart Quilts, The Quilting Room with Mel

This entry was posted in Accuquilt Studio Cutter, Donation Quilts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Another Donation Quilt from the UFO List

1. Teri says:

I enjoy reading your posts and look forward to seeing those triangles on the design wall

2. Luann says:

Katy,
    I think you anticipated what my first question might have been, and you showed the side of the actual die. Thank you, it helps a visual learner, like myself.
    Last night I cut over 100 6 1/2″ squares for a marbling on fabric workshop I’m giving on Saturday. I’m so glad I have my Go to do this with. I enjoyed using so much, I started cutting large clam shells out of all my hand dyed samples. The time saved is phenomenal, especially with anything curved.
    Tell us more about Quilts Beyond Borders.
    Looking forward to seeing your next design wall share.

3. Jayne says:

Scrappy goodness! Can’t wait for the big reveal!

I can’t wait to see them all sewn together. I know you won’t keep us waiting too long. πŸ™‚

5. Oh what fun! Can’t wait to see what you do with those piles of prettiness.

6. Christine says:

No doubt it’s going to be a beautiful quilt!

7. It must be HST week! Great project!

8. Jasmine says:

These are going to be great quilts. I love the quilting on the one from before. I have been practicing a similar design lately.

9. Alycia says:

Looks like fun – they will be beautiful!!