A Small Finish ~ Vintage Shoo Fly

I finished the little shoo fly quilt that I shared last week. I machine quilted it with a hanging diamond pattern. I think that background really makes it look modern!

I used this fun feedsack for the back:

The binding is also feedsack fabric. This is what it looked like after washing.

And just for fun, here is a picture I altered using an app called Super Photo.

Doesn’t it make it look like a painting?

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized, Vintage Fabrics. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to A Small Finish ~ Vintage Shoo Fly

1. Kathy D says:

Love that feedsack backing; what an unexpected touch!

2. Val W says:

I love how the texture pops after washing a quilt. Was the quilt washed and dried by machine?

3. Janet O. says:

Very cute little finish. I am crazy about the binding!

4. Luann says:

That app can be loads of fun. I put my OBW thru the paintbrush and I wish it looked like that!

5. Paige says:

Love the shoe fly blocks, I need to add that to my list of blocks to make. Wow, that texture after washing, I love it. And that feed sack backing, where did you run across that? Have you been saving it for just the right project? (Will have to check out that app, thanks for sharing.)

6. Cécile says:

Wow ! It looks like a coating on a cake ! Lovely !

7. Sandra B says:

Katy, I love this little quilt!! And the backing is awesome!! That title striped binding just pulls everything together! Thanks for sharing!!

8. The ‘hanging diamond’ quilting is perfect with the blocks ☺

9. Louise says:

Love, love, love…how unique!

Super cute little quilt and backing! Love the app picture. Hugs,

11. This is a great finish. I’ve often quilted on the diagonal, but never thought about diamonds. Great idea.

12. Kate says:

Very pretty and very fun!

13. What a lovely finish – so good to reuse and finish such vintage blocks!