Finish It Up Friday ~ The Basket Quilt

The quilt made from the Tree of Life charm pack and the basket block is finished! The first pictures are before washing.

The rest of these show the quilt after washing.

And this is where I decided to hang the quilt.

It turns out the background is almost a dead ringer for my wall color!

Now, what shall I make next?

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, A Quilted Passion, Devoted Quilter

This entry was posted in Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ The Basket Quilt

1. Kathy D says:

Fantastic finish — love those feathers! It’s a gorgeous addition to your home.

2. YANICKA says:

This is absolutly fantastic!!!!!

3. Oh, the scrappy hourglass border! Lovely finish! I will have to remember how you quilted the HG units.

4. That turned out great and I love where you hung it. Perfect! You do very lovely quilting, by the way!

5. Ruth K. says:

Beautiful! Just the perfect location to hang it.

6. Val W says:

Your quilt is a work of art, and it looks fantastic hanging above the fireplace.

7. lynn jarzombeck says:

Katy, such a wonderful quilt. Your spot to hang is nothing but perfect. Now you can look at it everyday and smile. And that you should.

8. Paula says:

Wow! The tea bath did the trick and the quilt looks great! I’m always impressed with everything you do. I love the feather quilting in the wide border. It was a great choice.

Thanks for sharing your awesome quilts with us.

9. Lisa says:

Perfect! You used both the green and the red.

10. Cathy says:

Katy it turned out beautiful. I love how you quilted it. Hugs

Love, love, love it!! Your quilting really “makes it”. Wow!!

12. anudge says:

Gorgeous, and the perfect place to hand this beautifully quilted piece.

13. Louise says:

Outstanding! Like everything about it, design, fabrics and quilting. So glad to see it is a keeper for you.

14. Cécile says:

Oh my….this is an awesome work Katy ! Congratulations !
    P.S. : and this place is perfect for it !

15. JanineMarie says:

Lovely–especially with the old-timey look the washing gives it. It is so striking above your fireplace. I’m sure you’ll think of something else to work on…

Your quilt is so pretty and your quilting is amazing! Hugs,

17. Ursula says:

It has been fun to watch the progress of this quilt of yours. It really turned out gorgeous. Each step along the way took your original panel from ordinary to extraordinary. The tea dyeing pulled the colors together, the borders provided both a frame and a quilting opportunity at which point you “iced the cake” with exquisite quilting. Thanks for inspiring us…again!

18. Sandra B says:

Katy, this one turned out to be an awesome wall hanging!! The pieced blocks really complement the center block, and your quilting is just perfect! It looks great hanging over the mantle…..great finish!!

19. How pretty, and it seems to just float there!

20. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours, and the quilting. Actually, my husband was sitting beside me while I looked at this and he even said, “Nice quilting!” Where you have it hung is perfect, and the decorative piece above it just caps it off perfectly.

21. Joanie says:

Beautiful wall hanging. Looks very stunning over your fireplace mantel. The border and quilting is gorgeous.

22. Patti says:

great job & pretty quilt! It really is perfect for that spot isn’t it?