Finish It Up Friday ~ General Grant’s Bowties

And it’s done!  I think…..
Here are a few close ups of the quilting. I used Superior Monopoly in the center panel.

I kinda wish I had done a close crosshatch over the center panel. I’ve been debating ripping out and requiring this section.

Here are my borders.

I haven’t washed this yet. I quilted too heavily in the brown border compared to the center and it causes the middle of the quilt to poof out a bit. That’s making me want to add more quilting there, hence my hesitance to wash yet.

That white bit showing on the binding is snow. Yuck!

Thanks again to Barb at Fun with Barb for hosting the bow tie swap. I just love these blocks!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Crazy Mom Quilts, A Quilted Passion

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ General Grant’s Bowties

1. Barb Vedder says:

fabulous FINISH!! your quilting designs are inspiring!!

2. Bonnie in Va says:

That quilting is wonderful. Will the poof descend when washed? Great quilt overall. I used to make so many bowtie blocks — I always had a supply of them on hand. Now, I tend to have 4 patches hanging around a lot.

3. Penny says:

Love your quilt; this is fantastic! I love reproductions!

4. Debora says:

I like the quilting on the center. I understand about the poofing. I struggle to get consistent density with my quilting sometimes, too.

I love your quilt and how you quilted the center. Hugs,

6. Myra says:

The center panel you debated about ended up just right!

7. Love it!….don’t you dare go ripping! it’s lovely the way it is!

8. Cécile says:

Oooh Katy ! What a clever quilting in the panel ! Yes you succeed ! And your quilt is just incredible !

9. Becky G. says:

It looks just great the way it is–wonderful job!

10. It looks great. You did an amazing job. I agree…yuck to the snow!!

11. Sandra B says:

I love this quilt! I have always loved bow tie quilts, and I really like the addition of the panel in the center! And your quilting is great!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    I hope wherever you are, you escape the wintry weather we are having in central Virginia right now! Snow all day today, with some sleet thrown in starting earlier this evening….we are hearing it won’t be over until late tomorrow…ugh!
    Even though this is great quilting weather, I prefer normal cold winter weather with only an occasional light dusting of snow!

12. Carmen says:

An excellent quilt show! You’re inspiring me this morning. Thanks for sharing.

13. Zenia Rene says:

Your quilting is amazing! I like the idea of close crosshatch in the center…but that’s a lot of ripping out! Kudos on this fabulous finish!

14. Pingback: Finish It Up Friday ~ Grant and Lee | KatyQuilts