Quilts of Valor

I’ve been working away at quilting some QOV tops for my Stitching Sisters QOV group. The first one I showed in process yesterday. My idea to quilt the panto around the center panel worked out so  well. I am sure I will be using this technique again!

This next one used a panto with the words bravery, valor, courage and honor included in it. It is harder than you might think to follow this one!

I fell completely in love with this top! So crisp and beautiful! I used al allover feather design called Chaparral.

I had a lot of fun  creating all the freehand feathers on this next top.
Some are a little bit funky, but as a whole, I think it works.

I used a design called Swoosh on this last top. It is a really good panto to use if you need to ease in any extra fullness. However, it isn’t always easy to keep those long smooth curves wobble free. Believe it or not, more complicated looking pantos are often easier for beginners. They tend to be more forgiving.

I have one more top to quilt for this batch. I hope to get it done this weekend.

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

This entry was posted in Finishes, Machine quilting, Pantographs, Quilt of Valor, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Quilts of Valor

They are all wonderful! You really brought them to life with your quilting! Have a good weekend. Hugs,

2. Patti says:

I have that panto with the patriotic words that I haven’t tried yet. The reason is my handwriting is not great & I’m not even a pattern can readable for me lol. I agree with you about simple patterns can be surprisingly had. I’m just finishing up a double wedding ring baby quilt the hardest motif was a simple crazy eight. I don’t like a single one I did.

3. Louise says:

They are all amazing, Katie. You are off to a wonderful start for the New Year!

4. Cécile says:

Oh my God ! You’ve DONE a WONDERFUL quilting ! These quilts are awesome !

5. Ann Rehbein says:

Beautiful work, Katy. They will be so special to the veteran that receives them.

6. vswlms@aol.com says:

Your artistic addition to our Quilts of Valor is greatly appreciated, Katy. Thank you, thank you!

7. Terri says:

Katy, You are simply amazing! I love all the tips you give and thank you for sharing the names of the pantographs. As soon as I get back from my cruise I plan to start practicing my skills on Millie. I know it will be a VERY long time before I can even come close to your beautiful quilting. Thank you for all you do for Stitching Sisters, you are the best. I can’t wait til you can come to another meeting.

8. Lovely quilts, lovely quilting! It’s great that no matter how many quilts you are given you always treat each one individually and find a quilt pattern to suit ☺