Thursday Thoughts

I started the quilting on General Grant’s Bow ties. I often seem to get a quilt in the fame and then get paralyzed not knowing how to quilt it. I had an idea in mind for the borders but then chickened out. I thought this would be easier. I don’t care for it much. But I’m not ripping.

I took this photo in the dark with a flashlight for side lighting so the quilting would show. I’ve been frustrated with my template skills lately and decide to freehand most everything on this top. I started the blue border with a crosshatch and then added the little loops. Kinda wishing I hadn’t.

I’m using Glide thread in Khaki. Mono-poly would have looked better, but I don’t love using it. I am doing a freehand crosshatch in the blocks.

The lines are about an inch apart. I am debating quilting closer. Lots of quilting angst with this one!

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

This entry was posted in Machine quilting, Quilting Designs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Thursday Thoughts

1. Paige says:

Katy, I think the thread color is very nice and love where your quilting is going. I especially love the extra loop in the crosshatching. Can’t wait to see the generals all stitched up!

2. Cathy says:

The quilting is beautiful. You are very talented. Can’t wait to see the finished quilt. Hugs

3. JanineMarie says:

Ooh, so much negative thinking on a Thursday. So I’ll give you some positives. I like the loops, the crosshatch looks great on the bowties, and the quilting in the outer border is going to be awesome to frame the quilt.

4. Louise says:

I really like it all…I think sometimes we are our own worst critics!

5. Cécile says:

You made the best choices ! No doubt about that Katy !
    Your quilt will be stunning as usual !

6. Lynn says:

Wow, freehand in the bow ties looks great and the inch works well too. The border looks amazing too. I agree with ‘we are our own worst critics’ comment too. Look forward to seeing the whole.

7. I realize that we all are harder on ourselves than others, but…..YOUR QUILTING IS AWESOME!!! I wish I was a tiny bit as good as you are.