Finish It Up Friday ~ Double 4 Patch

I finished the Double 4 Patch that I was working on and was able to gift it yesterday. My friends husband came in to the library and I sent it home with him. They were both so pleased! The weather has not cooperated so these pictures were all taken in doors.

These pictures were taken before washing.

And the following pictures were taken after washing.

And a look at the back.

I’m quite pleased with how this one turned out. I hope it keeps my friend warm this winter. She has warmed my heart many times.

Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions this week regarding my General Grant’s Bow Ties quilt. In this journey to becoming a better quilter, I am only competing against myself. And when you work up close on  a quilt, you see every little wobble. Things looks so much better in blog pictures than real life. But since this blog is to be an honest record of my quilting, I write about my frustrations and disappointments as well as the bits I am most proud of. Usually, when I  finish something, I am able to step back and overlook the bobbles and bumps, but the process of getting there is the real life part of the story.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, A Quilted Passion

This entry was posted in Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Double 4 Patch

1. Sandra B says:

Katy, I love how this quilt turned out….it has such a comforting look! It will be a good one to curl up with a good book and a cup of hot tea on a cold winter evening! Thanks for sharing!

2. Paige says:

What a treasure to have a quilt gifted by you! It’s beautiful!

3. Cathy says:

What a beautiful quilt. The recipient will love it. Hugs

I love this quilt! I love the crinkled look after they are washed. You are so sweet, your friend is going to really enjoy using it. Hugs,

5. Janet O. says:

It is a beauty, Katy!

6. Susan says:

That’s one nice quilt – well done! And I totally agree with you that the process of getting there is the real story. Probably why I make so many quilts.

7. Diane says:

Love that cranberry! I think it is better than my original thought on border selection.

8. Lovely finish. I love the quilting. I’m sure it was well appreciated and will be loved.

9. Bonnie in Va says:

Nice finish and I love the pattern you picked to quilt it. What pattern is it? Yes, quilting is a life-long learning process. I too share the triumphs and the dumps of it. If nothing more to help educate other quilters of some of the pitfalls!

10. Zenia Rene says:

Your quilting looks fantastic all the time, but I understand what you mean. I used to always point out my mess-ups, but not so much anymore. The fact that it’s finished matters so much more! Thx for linking up.

11. Lovely quilt! And I appreciate that you keep yourself and your blog honest, while also realizing that there is beauty in imperfection.