WIP Wednesday

I got my bow tie blocks set together with the Civil War a Generals panel.

I wanted this to be a small wall quilt. But it just kept clamoring for wide borders. I finally relented. It is now on the frame. I need to quilt it quick because I have QOVs coming in to be quilted.

I am leaning towards feathers of some type in the borders. But I need to figure out how to quilt the panel.

Any ideas?

Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts, Freshly Pieced, Quilt Fabrication

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Swaps, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. Gloria Byers says:

Crosshatch. It will read like looking in a window

2. Teresa says:

Cross hatch with blendable thread. Nice quilt.

3. Cathy says:

I have no idea how to quilt the panel. But I do know I love this quilt. It is fantastic. Now I need to do something with mine. Hugs

4. Louise says:

Great job! I really like that panel, never seen it before. Perfect with the bow ties. Anxious to see it quilted.

It looks great! Love it. Hugs,

That quilt is AMAZING! You have such a talent for choosing colors. It’s awesome!

7. Cécile says:

Wow Katy ! You realized a beautiful…awesome….gorgeous quilt ! Congratulations !
    For the panel, crosshatch maybe will be the best solution ? Not easy…..
    Good luck !

8. This looks great! Good luck figuring out how to quilt it. Can’t wait to see it finished.

9. Myra says:

I like this quilt very much. I have no idea how to quilt the panel, but I’ve learned that if part is left unquilted, it leaves a nice bump when washed if the fabric has not been prewashed. Not so pretty then. Maybe outlining the brown vines?

10. You’ve put this quilt together so beautifully Katie and the borders look just perfect. It makes me want to start on my stash of Civil War repro fabrics. Another of your quilts to add to my Pinterest board ‘Inspirational Quilts’, if you don’t mind?