Progress

I got the blocks for the double 4 patch together.

Wouldn’t you know it, I got one 4 patch turned the wrong way and it is right smack dab in the middle! Ugh! I did not notice until I looked at the picture.

I wanted to get it in the frame but I am a bit stumped on the borders.

Of course, I’ll have to fix that one block first.

Linking up with Free Motion by the River, Quilt Story, Blossom Heart Quilts, The Quilting Room with Mel

17 Responses to Progress

1. helen says:

I would leave the “wrong” four-patch! Didn’t notice it before you told it!
    It adds “character”! πŸ™‚
    Best wishes!

2. Drat! I hate when that happens! I like the look of the last border fabric. Good luck!

3. Malinda says:

I like the cranberry border, too, or what about a narrow cranberry inner border with the green floral as a wider outer border? I recently bought beautifully pieced quilt top and backing for $20 at a local thrift shop- I’m guessing it wasn’t ever finished because two block were turned. I spent less than 30 minutes fixing it and had a beautiful quilt, well worth taking the time to fix! Glad you caught it before quilting!

4. I still don’t see the ‘wrong’ block! LOL I like the cranberry border too. πŸ™‚

5. Diane says:

I like checks. Goes with the 4 patch nature.

I like the middle border. I didn’t see the block either until you mentioned it. The top is looking really pretty. Hugs,

7. Teresa says:

I’ve done that before. I like the middle one. Happy quilting.

As the other ladies have said, I didn’t see the wrong patch until you mentioned it and then I still had to search for it. I favor either the top or bottom border. It really doesn’t matter because once YOU quilt it, it will look great. Can’t wait to see it finished.

9. Although I generally do not care for borders, on this lovely (love it!) quilt I really like the cranberry fabric as a border!

10. That is a very lovely quilt top! So effective in pattern to draw the eye and the restrained color palette just works perfectly!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

11. Katy, it is SO pretty! There is just something about those old tried and true patterns that makes me smile. (And of course you know I like red!)

12. Janet O. says:

But the turned block forms a little heart in the center. : )
    I vote for the last border, too. The suggestion of the use of it for an inner border with an outer border of one of the greens might be worth auditioning.

13. Didn’t notice that block. It’s a design choice! I like the red border.

14. Jayne Willis says:

To me, it looks like the center block is meant to be!! Don’t worry about it. Maybe if it had been on the side it would make a difference! This color combination always reminds me of Tomato soup…and I believe it’s because I saw a pattern call that using these colors! It’s really pretty! Red border for me too!

15. therese penders says:

no, just remember the Amish say that Only God is Perfect. leave it as is, it may be regarded as quirky.

16. Cecile says:

Sometimes it happens but…..grrrrr ! Not fun !
    The red border, without any hesitation !

17. Connie Campbell says:

I like the cranberry border, isn’t it funny how you can see a mistake in a photo? I’ve done that…….many times!