I spent some time on Monday looking through my UFOs to make a new list for this year. I actually didn’t find quite as many as I expected to! Some of these will be familiar :).
- I cut these triangles ages ago when cleaning out a bin of bright fabrics. These 6 inch HSTs will be made into Quilts Beyond Borders. I did make one quilt from them and it turned out so cute! Time to finish the rest of these.
2. These blocks were from a guild exchange last year. There are 15 of these 15 inch blocks. I want to make one more so I can set them 4 x 4. With sashing, this could be a bed sized quilt.
3. These 4 orphan Noteworthy blocks will be made into a baby quilt with lots of negative space for quilting.
4. More guild exchange blocks. These are 12 inch blocks and again, I have 15 so I might make another.
5. More guild exchange blocks. These are destined to become a Quilt of Valor.
6. This isn’t quite a UFO. I bought this ruler and intended to try it out on the two layer cakes shown below. They are both Heather Baily lines and they look great together. I have been intending to do this for so long that it feels like a UFO!
7. I cut these tumblers in November. They are so pretty stacked up that I haven’t been motivated to put them together! How silly is that?
8. As if I don’t have enough UFOs of my own, I collect vintage UFOs! I love this background green fabric but the seam allowances are so very skimpy that I wouldn’t spend the time putting them together as is. My plan is to use these to make smaller shoo fly blocks.
16. I nearly forgot my Brinton Hall quilt! It has progressed a lot since this picture. I will show an updated one soon.
So that makes 9 new UFOs and 7 old ones. If I could get myself to finish one a month, I could really whittle this down!