Finish It Up Friday – Downton Abbey

It feels like this quilt was in process forever! In fact, I posted about cutting the pieces on August 24th, less than two months ago.  The first pictures show the quilt before washing.

I really like the pixelated look that you get when viewing this at a distance! The quilt finished at about 68 by 80 before washing. I haven’t measured it after!

In some places, I ended up with “strings” of like squares. This was not intentional but I liked the look so I left it.

I used a pantograph called Ground Cover. I love the texture that it gives. I struggled to find the right binding fabric in my stash and eventually settled on this blue. Not a usual choice for me, but I rather like it now.

It is always a challenge to get good pictures in the wind!

A look at the back:     The rest of these pictures show the quilt after washing. It crinkled up quite nicely!     Linking up with Richard and Tanya Quilts, Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric , A Quilting Reader’s Garden

This entry was posted in Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Finish It Up Friday – Downton Abbey

1. Your quilt is beautiful, I love pic in the wind! And your quilting is stunning, well done!

2. mindingmomma says:

I rather like the blue a lot. Nicely quilted.

3. katyquilts says:

Thanks! It is a great scrappy pattern. It was so nice to use it last night! Take care, Katy

4. JanineMarie says:

I really like your choice for the binding. It picks up the light blue in the rest of the quilt so well.

5. It turned out great. Love the quilting pattern. Kudos.

6. Kathy S. says:

Love the quilting. It did crinkle up nicely! Great pattern for scraps. Congrats on another beautiful finish.

7. Jeanne says:

Love it, Katy!

8. Tracy says:

This is gorgeous! I just love a crinkly quilt!

9. Julierose says:

This is a really lovely finish–so perfect for those fabrics–hugs, Julierose

10. Sue says:

Another beautiful quilt Katy. It came out great

11. dezertsuz says:

I, too, love the pixelated look. This would be a great scrappy quilt with some leftover squares, too. Thanks for sharing your beautiful finish. I like the quilting pattern you used, and post-washing looks great.

12. sandi says:

I think you did wonderful! I love it and the blue border looks perfect! Have a good weekend. Hugs,

13. Beverly Parrish says:

WOW!!!! Another beautiful quilt. And by the way thank you for your information about what basic machine quilting rulers I should have at first. I have ordered and now waiting to get started. Thank you again and for sharing your beautiful accomplishments.

It probably SEEMS like forever because of all the thought that went into it before you even started. I love the photo of it in the wind. Thank you so much for continuing to share your accomplishments with us.

15. Cécile says:

Wonderful finish Katy !! It’s simply awesome !!

16. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love it!

17. Cathy L says:

Lovely finish. I just love the way quilts get all crinkly after washing.

18. looks fantastic! I[‘m still thinking that this is what I will use for my RSC15 four patches. one question: are your 4 patches all random, or did you put in one light, with 3 med/darks? or is that just coincidental? I’ve been looking at the pictures as you post along, and can’t quite tell…

19. Kathy says:

Just gorgeous, Katy!

20. Kathy D says:

Another beautifully crafted quilt, Katy. Thanks for sharing!