Finish It Up Friday – Downton Abbey

It feels like this quilt was in process forever! In fact, I posted about cutting the pieces on August 24th, less than two months ago.  The first pictures show the quilt before washing.

I really like the pixelated look that you get when viewing this at a distance! The quilt finished at about 68 by 80 before washing. I haven’t measured it after!

In some places, I ended up with “strings” of like squares. This was not intentional but I liked the look so I left it.

I used a pantograph called Ground Cover. I love the texture that it gives. I struggled to find the right binding fabric in my stash and eventually settled on this blue. Not a usual choice for me, but I rather like it now.

It is always a challenge to get good pictures in the wind!

A look at the back:     The rest of these pictures show the quilt after washing. It crinkled up quite nicely!     Linking up with Richard and Tanya Quilts, Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric , A Quilting Reader’s Garden

This entry was posted in Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Finish It Up Friday – Downton Abbey

1. Kathy D says:

Another beautifully crafted quilt, Katy. Thanks for sharing!

2. Kathy says:

Just gorgeous, Katy!

3. looks fantastic! I[‘m still thinking that this is what I will use for my RSC15 four patches. one question: are your 4 patches all random, or did you put in one light, with 3 med/darks? or is that just coincidental? I’ve been looking at the pictures as you post along, and can’t quite tell…

4. Cathy L says:

Lovely finish. I just love the way quilts get all crinkly after washing.

5. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love it!

6. Cécile says:

Wonderful finish Katy !! It’s simply awesome !!

It probably SEEMS like forever because of all the thought that went into it before you even started. I love the photo of it in the wind. Thank you so much for continuing to share your accomplishments with us.

8. Beverly Parrish says:

WOW!!!! Another beautiful quilt. And by the way thank you for your information about what basic machine quilting rulers I should have at first. I have ordered and now waiting to get started. Thank you again and for sharing your beautiful accomplishments.

9. sandi says:

I think you did wonderful! I love it and the blue border looks perfect! Have a good weekend. Hugs,

10. dezertsuz says:

I, too, love the pixelated look. This would be a great scrappy quilt with some leftover squares, too. Thanks for sharing your beautiful finish. I like the quilting pattern you used, and post-washing looks great.

11. Sue says:

Another beautiful quilt Katy. It came out great

12. Julierose says:

This is a really lovely finish–so perfect for those fabrics–hugs, Julierose

13. Tracy says:

This is gorgeous! I just love a crinkly quilt!

14. Jeanne says:

Love it, Katy!

15. Kathy S. says:

Love the quilting. It did crinkle up nicely! Great pattern for scraps. Congrats on another beautiful finish.

16. It turned out great. Love the quilting pattern. Kudos.

17. JanineMarie says:

I really like your choice for the binding. It picks up the light blue in the rest of the quilt so well.

18. katyquilts says:

Thanks! It is a great scrappy pattern. It was so nice to use it last night! Take care, Katy

19. mindingmomma says:

I rather like the blue a lot. Nicely quilted.

20. Your quilt is beautiful, I love pic in the wind! And your quilting is stunning, well done!