A True Finish It Up Friday

Because I actually finished hand stitching the binding this morning and now my Swoon table topper is done! I have the tree quilt done but decided to wait to share that until after it is gifted.   These photos look a bit different on my phone than on my computer monitor. I hope you are seeing the colors accurately!
  They are definitely off in this picture but it does show the quilting texture. The star is a barn red, NOT magenta! I played with making mug rugs yesterday afternoon and quilted those at the same time as the Swoon quilt.
  I thought this would be my least favorite but it is my most favorite.

This same backing fabric is on all the mug rugs and the table topper.
  These didn’t get bound yet. I clearly need to work on my binding technique for these little things.  For example:
  Yuck! This one won’t be gifted and is likely destined to be cut apart. This is the back of the table top quilt.  And on my phone at least, this picture showed the most true colors.

Linking up with Richard and Tanya Quilts, Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Quilt Matters, A Quilted Passion

This entry was posted in Finishes, Machine quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to A True Finish It Up Friday

1. Ramona says:

Great table topper! I haven’t made the “Swoon” pattern yet, but keep getting drawn to it. Great finish.

2. Jayne says:

That is beautiful! I love the colors and your quilting (as always) is gorgeous! Getting a perfect binding on a mini is difficult!! I found this tutorial:
    and have been using it on my mini mini quilts. I changed it up a bit for me, but it works well!!

3. Paula Alden says:

So pretty! I love the colors and the quilting is amazing. I’m always in awe of your quilting abilities and in the amount of work you manage to put out. I find myself reading too many blogs that eat up my sewing and craft time, but they all have such great inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

4. Gina says:

I love your mug rugs, even the not so perfect ( in your eyes) ones. I like how your Swoon has turned out. The quilting is amazing on it

5. JanineMarie says:

You’ve really captured the feeling of fall in this collection without using the typical orange. I like it a lot! And your quilting is always a delight.

6. Janet O. says:

Love how you quilted your table topper! Beautiful job!
    Are you using double or single fold binding? I always use single fold on small things, and cut it no larger than 1 1/8″ wide–even smaller on some things.

7. Penny says:

Love your swoon quilt!

8. What lovely finished you have today! The quilting on the table top is amazing – love the design on the red centre and green diamonds. Did you free hand it? Another question about the mug rugs …. how did you baste them and get the right tension? I was wanting to have a go myself but wasn’t quite sure where to start! Thanks

9. Sandra B says:

Love the table topper! Swoon is one of my favorite blocks!

10. Jenny Benton says:

Such lovely quilting – you are very talented indeed.

11. PattiP says:

I love the swoon pattern too & this is a good idea to make 1 block. Great quilting!

12. I really like the idea of a swoon table topper. Your quilting on it is beautiful.

13. Julie Stocker says:

Good post here, Katy. Sometimes doing a smaller project in a block we love is enough to get us through our little obsessions with it. Since seeing Maryse’s Swoon quilt, and now yours, I’ve been eyeing this block, too! You’ve done a good job despite your dismay with the backing! Also, I love coming her to browse as you show your longarming techniques, and both the great and the still-working-through-this stuff. I love bloggers who aren’t afraid to be daring, and that you are! Thanks for sharing.

14. Great table topper, Katy! Your quilting is gorgeous and complements the design beautifully. Way to go!

15. Kathy says:

I just love your table topper. The quilting is just spectacular! And those fabrics are delicious! And while they’re solids, they certainly have a depth and movement that standard solids just don’t.

16. Zenia Rene says:

The quilting on your swoon star is amazing as is your yard! I’m swooning over both right now. =) Don’t you dare cut apart the “yuck” mug rug! Gift it to me! I’ll gladly take it.