Distracted!

I finished quilting my Downton quilt yesterday. Last night I should have been working on the binding, but did I? Oh no! I saw this pile of goodies on my work table and decided to play instead.

I was thinking I would make an improv table runner…..then I thought about how I wanted to try out a Swoon block…. Hubby had a phone meeting for work so I cut and pieced this.

This is 24 inches square. It would be a good size for a table top quilt, though not rectangular like a runner. I’m going to leave it up on the design wall for a few days and think about it.

And I might make some mug rugs with my scraps.

What are you working on today?

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

10 Responses to Distracted!

1. Quiltmouse says:

Love the colors! You are so productive! I just finished a baby quilt (throw size) for my daughter’s friend. I did the binding by machine so that went quick. I have a pile of UFO’s to quilt – maybe some will get done before Christmas!

I *love* the Swoon block!! I can’t believe you cut and pieced it in one go (on the other hand, yes I can). 🙂

3. ~Deb says:

What great mottled Fall/Thanksgiving colors! Table topper for Thanksgiving, perhaps? Looking forward to seeing how you ‘border’ this one out.

Working on Fall cleaning/organizing. Finally got a long over due QOV loaded yesterday. Hoping to get to quilt over the weekend.

Happy Quilting!
    ~Deb

4. Rochelle Summers says:

Love the fabric colors in your swoon block. Are they Hand Dyes?

5. Gina says:

Love the fabrics. I must make a confession. I seem to be the only one in internet land that’s not a fan of the Swoon. I do like how your mug rug is looking though

6. That must have been a very long phone call! Love the fabric colours and your super precise points!

7. But isn’t it so much fun to get distracted!!

8. Kathy says:

LOVE that Swoon table topper! I love that block and would like to give it a go … a nice sized table topper like yours might just be the way to go.

9. redeemedsheep says:

I have another Swiin quilt in the planning stage. I can’t get enough of that fabulous block! Yours is awesome!