WIP Wednesday

Are you tired of Downton yet? It is finally on the frame and quilting has commenced! Pretty much everyone was in agreement that the large blue floral was the right border choice. I couldn’t agree more!

I have no idea what line that border fabric is from. I bought it last summer as SAS Fabrics in Phoenix. I’m not normally s floral person, but I really love this and I think it goes well with the Downton fabrics.  Since this top is so busy, I decided to quilt this with a pantograph called Ground Cover.

It is a tight pattern so it takes a while to stitch, but the results are worth it. I love the texture.

Just for fun, here is a shot taken beneath the frame.

The color is completely off in this photo; it is more of a taupe color. I picked up a duvet cover in the clearance bin at IKEA a while back which yielded two nice pieces of polished cotton that is perfect for quilt backs.  This is one of them.

I hope you are having a lovely week!

Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts , Freshly Pieced

13 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. Julie Stocker says:

Nice use of a pantograph here. I love your Downton quilt, and have yet to open up my packages. Yum!

2. JanineMarie says:

Nope, not tired at all. This is such a calming quilt, and the quilting is beautiful. I’m fascinated by pantographs, although I have no way of using one myself.

3. Your quilt is beautiful x Lucy x Hopping over from Freshly Pieced! http://www.crazyforpurple.com

4. Cécile says:

You’ve found the nice blue border ! No doubt !! And the quilting is amazing as usual !!

5. cynthia says:

I love your quilt and the fabrics! The Downton Abbey fabrics are quite lovlely, aren’t they?

6. Perfect panto for this quilt top!

7. Susan says:

Perfect choice of panto for this–looking great!

It is absolutely beautiful, Katy! I love everything about it. The fabric, the way the border pulls it all together, the quilting…everything. You’ve done it again!

9. Myra says:

Your quilt looks very comforting.

10. Carol says:

I love the quilt and what a great idea for the backing!

11. Oh. My! This is beautiful! Such lovely quilting.

12. Beautiful quilt, I love the quilting design you used.

13. I recently heard someone else say they used a duvet cover from Ikea for the backing. I wish we had an Ikea. Good luck with quilting.