Country Roads QAL and Hickory Stick in Hannibal, Missouri

Part 1 of the Country Roads QAL hosted by Humble Quilts was posted yesterday. In between errands and waiting for a package delivery, I managed to get that part done.

One of my strip sets was too short and another too long. So one of my 4 patches ended up like this.

Hubby and I spent a few hours in Hannibal, Missouri on the way home from visiting family.  It is a delightful little town and is quite proud to be the home of Mark Twain. On the far left side of this picture, is the Hickory Stick Quilt Shop.

It is a lovely shop and much bigger than it appears from the outside. I hit the clearance section and came away with some bargains!

I also found this fun shopping bag with newspaper “articles” about quilters.

Here is hubby painting the fence in front of Mark Twain’s home.

The town has lots of antique shops. It was a fun place to stop and take a break.

Linking up with Free Motion by the River

This entry was posted in Fabric, Quilt Shops, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Country Roads QAL and Hickory Stick in Hannibal, Missouri

1. Kathy says:

I love the fabrics you picked up at the Hickory Stick! We visit Hannibal at least once a year (the grands swim in the Tom and Becky meet every February) … the meet starts Friday evening, but DH and I always head up that morning so I can visit Hickory Stick. It’s a charming little shop, isn’t it?

2. Kathy D says:

We loved Hannibal, too. Took the riverboat trip, and my husband talked them into letting him “drive” it for a while…one of the highlights of his life!

3. Linda in PA says:

I love the Hickory Stick shop! Our daughter and her family live about 50 miles from Hannibal and about every other year (while visiting) we try to head over to Hannibal so I can get a fabric fix. I have purchased much fabric in their clearance section.

4. judy says:

It is a great shop, isn’t it? Our guild did a retreat in Hannibal a few years ago and and had a great time.

5. Donna says:

Tell the hubs the fence looks great! Love your little QAL blocks, too. Now I want to go back to Hannibal. I took Em there when she was in junior high. (that was BQ – before quilting) We drove through town, and then went on the cave tour. That was fun.

6. Love your fabric choices!! SCORE!

7. Janet O. says:

Done with step one already? I haven’t even pulled fabrics. : )
    Lori will definitely approve of the “make do” fix on that 4-patch. Looks good to me.
    Haven’t been to Hannibal in almost 30 year, and though I was dabbling in quilting back then, I don’t recall a quilt shop. Maybe we need to plan another trip. Looks like you made some great finds!

8. Dasha Brandt says:

Great fabrics you found. Love that fence!! Tom Sawyer was a fav of mine in my dim dark past. LOL

9. Awesome fabrics you scored. Hope you enjoy working with them.

10. Sharon - IN says:

What a fun trip and nice fabrics too!