Work in Progress Wednesday

I finally came up with a plan for Sister Quilt 2.

I played around on EQ7 until I had this.

That white space is where the tree will go. This is turning out to be quite busy and the tree gives a resting place for the eye.

After making some blocks,  I started putting them up on the wall.

Not loving it at this point. The lights are too busy even after editing some out. I decided to keep going and see how the tree would look after the panel was trimmed.

Oh, that’s better! Decided to add borders to the tree to further set it apart.

Ok, I might be able to live with this. Not sure how big this will finish yet. I have more blocks to make, likely a good sized couch quilt.

Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts and Freshly Pieced

13 Responses to Work in Progress Wednesday

1. Kathy says:

Oooh, I’m liking this! 👍

2. Alberta Sue Bennett says:

I really like this. The tree is perfect..

3. It’s starting to take shape. I think it’s going to look awesome with the tree. What are the sizes of the pieces? It’s hard to judge how big/small it is from the picture.

4. Dorian says:

Thats looking really nice.

5. Zenia Rene says:

Hi Katy! I’m liking what you have so far. The border around your tree block is a great touch.

6. Carole says:

This is lovely! Great job!

7. Nice original design, Katy. I really like the fussy cut tree in there. It’s nice use of your fabric elements and motifs, and only happens when you are really paying attention. Good job!~

8. France says:

You’re right about the tree giving the eyes some rest. And it pairs so well with the other fabrics. Excellent choice! 🙂

9. Stephie says:

Love it! The colours and tree make me think of falling leaves at this time of year 🙂

10. I’m really taken with the colours too – a very seasonal mix of cool blues and warm oranges – like the sun rising through a misty Autumn morning.

11. Kate says:

The tree works really well with the other fabrics. Beautiful color palette.

12. Katie V. says:

Lovely! I really like the printed fabric with the words family/together/roots. That’s a great pattern and it works so well with all the other. Love it!

13. Gorgeous! What a beautiful way to feature the tree.