Design Wall Monday

Good Morning! I think I am finally recovered from traveling. I still have some laundry to do today. Hubby leaves tomorrow on another business trip. I don’t think I will do any redecorating this time!

One of my goals for this month was to design and cut out a quilt for my younger sister. I plan to use these fabrics.

They came with this panel.

The line is by Deb Strain for Moda and it is called Family Tree. I may put the tree on the back and I don’t plan to appliqué the birds on the branches as intended. Conveniently, this FQ bundle is about evenly split between lights and darks. I want a pattern that does not require borders and I would like to use up all of this bundle if possible. I’m considering a Jewel Box or Double 4 Patch pattern. But a tumbler would be good or maybe bricks…. If there is one thing that slows down my quilt making, it is making decisions!

Lori at Humble Quilts is starting another Quilt Along! I always enjoy these. She posted fabric requirements last week. I have mine ready to go. I think the first step will be posted today.

I only need one gold/cheddar but I haven’t yet decided which to go with. I pulled these from my tub of Civil War scraps.

To give you an idea of scale, this tub is big enough to bathe a very cute baby in!

I finished my bow tie blocks for the swap hosted by Fun with Barb and will get them in the mail today.

Linking up with Bits ‘n BobsPatchwork Times,  Love, Laugh, Quilt, and  Cooking Up Quilts

This entry was posted in Design Wall Monday. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Design Wall Monday

1. Kathy says:

Despite the slow down from deciding what pattern to make, you surely are productive. I can’t wait to follow along with you on the SAL.

2. Lynette says:

I love Deb Strain fabrics. 🙂 Very pretty grouping of the Civil War fabrics – that bottom cheddar is fab in the mix.

3. Dasha Brandt says:

Gorgeous fabrics you have selected for the QAL. And the tubful is to die for LOL. Visiting tonight from Cath’s blog.

4. Judy D in WA says:

Love the panel and those fabrics. Can’t wait to see what you do with them. I missed the info on the quilt along but now I have my fabrics selected and ready to start step 1…thanks for that-I think. 😉
    The baby in the tub….OMG…that smile makes my heart melt!!

What a beautiful line of fabric! And (as a genealogist) I just LOVE the panel. I know you’ll create magic with it. I can NOT wait to see the finished quilt.

6. Looks likeyou have lots of fun planned

7. Cathy says:

I love pulling fabric for new projects. What a cute baby!

8. Cécile says:

Your fabrics are very pretty and your little quilt will surely be awesome ! I must begin mine this week and as you, I have finished too my bow ties blocks !
    This little man is so sweet !!

9. You are the most productive person! I love your fabric pull for your sister’s quilt, just lovely. Can’t wait to see what you decide to do. Thanks for long up to Main Crush Monday; I really appreciate it!

10. Terri says:

love your material chooses for your little sister quilt. Your grandson is so very cute and looks like he loves the tub!

11. dezertsuz says:

Oh, that’s going to be so much fun – the Humble Quilts one. I have SO many Civil War fabric – still want more, of course! Any of the yellows would be terrific.

12. Cath says:

Thank you so much for mentioning my link party…..I love that first pile of fabrics (for your sister) there is one there in the middle that looks like blue leaves with darker blue veins *drool*. And how cute is that baby in the tub!! I love to take a look at SALs so I will hop over and check that out too!

13. Great fat quarter collection. It’s so pretty, I’d find it hard to cut into.

14. Nancy says:

Forgive me but it’s almost hard to decide which is sweeter: the washtub with the fabrics or the washtub with the baby. Take the baby out of the washtub for a cuddle and a kiss then you have two sweets!

Your brown, blue, red, and cheddar/yellow are beautiful together. Can’t wait to see the finished quilt.