More EPP Prep

On Tuesday I showed you the EPP project I was looking at from Quiltmania. I decided to see how it would work if I made smaller hexie frames like this.

I didn’t want to sew these together and then find out I didn’t  like it so I taped them with painters tape.

Then I tried it out.

Nope. Not working. I didn’t have enough red hexies prepared so I just taped the templates together for m next try.

And tried again.

Yep, that’s better. The pattern called for 10 inch squares of the background to be cut and then these frames would be appliqued on top and the excess cut away. I trimmed mine a bit closer to the actual size needed. I don’t have any of this fabric to waste. I will never be able to get more since I bought it 16 years ago in France.  Check out the selvedge.

Here are my background bits.

I only need 7 and I may use only 6 and use something else for the 7th.

I really need to get packing! Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation.

This entry was posted in Hand piecing. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to More EPP Prep

1. Kathy D says:

Clever, Katy! Was it hard to cut into one of those precious fabrics? Looking forward to seeing your results after your trip out west.

I think that is a wonderful idea! The Toile will make lovely blocks. Have fun on your trip. Hugs,

3. Cécile says:

That’s a very good beginning !!

4. gwen ziegler says:

Please post more as you go. I am working on an EPP clock. I just goolgled an came up with this free pattern. Good for a sewing room.

5. Mary Huey says:

great idea for the auditioning — thanks for sharing it!!

6. Kathy says:

Perfect! That’s going to make one spectacular quilt!

7. dezertsuz says:

What a great idea that is. Thanks for sharing it.

8. Pingback: Great Idea For Fussy Cutting | Hexagon Alley