WIP Wednesday ~ Borders

Progress continues on the 16 Patch. The borders for this were not easy! Wanda suggested that I have the birds going in the same directional the way around the quilt. This idea allowed me to keep this little strip of color as which made me very happy.

it took for ever to decide how to center the borders on each side. Once that job was done, it was time to choose a quilting design.

I ended up choosing  another complex one but a bit more forgiving than the last.

Each row of quilting takes approximately 35 minutes to stitch. This is time the machine is actually running. It does not include the time it takes to change bobbins, advance the quilt, align the pattern etc. This  will be ready to bind before I leave this week but I may save that job until I get my Bernina back from the shop. I really like that machine for bindings.

Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts, Freshly Pieced, Cooking Up Quilts, She Can Quilt

This entry was posted in HQ Avante, Pantographs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to WIP Wednesday ~ Borders

1. I like how you were able to keep that strip of colour.

2. Kathy says:

I love that colorful little strip that is in the border … it looks like you added another little border – without the work! Bonus! I can’t wait to see this quilt all finished up.

3. I really like the colors in this quilt. It will look so good all quilted up!

4. Kathy Davenport says:

This will really be one honey of a quilt. Another amazing creation!

5. that border is so perfect for the quilt!

6. Gina says:

The border is great. It really picks up the colours of the centre fabrics

7. Louise says:

This quilt is going to be stunning. Love, love the border fabric. That little edge looks like a tiny piping edge. Great job Katie, your sister will truly love it. The

8. Allison says:

This collection is so bright and wild, and I’ve never really seen too much made with it that I like, but I love this! The borders turned out really nice… lovely quilting choice.

9. Anne says:

What a great job with a busy fabric collection!

10. I love that little edge you left on the border. What a great detail.

11. What a wonderful quilt! Great colors and beautiful quilting 🙂
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

12. Kat says:

I, too, love the way you did the border. Your quilting motif if really nice, too. All those little squares!

13. Linda Dutch says:

This is looking lovely & colourful! and that thin edge on your pretty border fabric really frames everything beautifully!

14. anudge says:

I don’t know what it is about Berninas, but I prefer mine for bindings, too. Must be something built into them. What a lovely border you have added to that 16 patch.

15. Kate says:

That border fabric is perfect! Beautifully done!

16. JanineMarie says:

This is exquisite! That little edge just really makes it, too.I don’t know anything about quilting with pantographs, but the design certainly looks worth the time it takes.

17. Nicky says:

Love the scrappiness and the colours. Will be a beauty when finished. Thanks for joining up to #scraptastictuesday