I chose a very tight panto for this one and it was not for the faint of heart! Here is the info:
Looks lovely but it is tough to make it look nice. I decided for some reason to use Glide thread in celery for the top.
This might not have been the best decision.
I used Cool Grey thread in the bobbin. You can see my wobbles in the picture above. I should have custom quilted this but I chickened out. When I got to the end of the quilting I discovered my backing was too short! This was a silly mistake and cost me time.
I thought you might like to see how I added onto the backing without removing the quilt from the frame. First, I cut a piece to add onto the backing. I pinned it underneath the original piece of backing. Then I used my channel lock to create a straight seam to stitch the two together.
I didn’t take pics of the next part but basically, I removed the original edge From the leader, trimmed the seam allowance, and reattached the new edge and re rolled the last bit of backing onto the pole. Hope this makes sense. It probably won’t unless you are a longarmer. If you are not, you don’t need to know! LOL!
Now on to the binding!