Slow Stitching Sunday

I got a few pieces added to my scrappy hexie quilt yesterday and hope to complete another row today.

This is where it is at right now.
 At this point, it measures approximately 46 x 53 inches. I should decide how much bigger I want it to be!

I’ve also been working on blocks for the first sister quilt.

I have enough parts cut for 64 blocks even though I only need 48. I will use the extra 16 for a baby quilt. It would be tempting to stop after 48 and just put this top together. However, making all the blocks first insures the best distribution of the prints.

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday.

12 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. Busy lady! 🙂 Enjoy your stitching. Love that fabric with the keys …so cute!

2. Cécile says:

As you do, I am working with hexies too ! I love your scrap and I’m sure it’s going to be an awesome quilt ! Looooooove your double chain too ! 🙂

3. Kathy says:

Love both those projects! I can’t wait to see what you do with the large expanse of open space on the sister quilt.

4. Deanna says:

Loving the hexies. Not sure I could just sew scrappy like you are doing but it is lovely! I just love scraps quilts, they have such a charm about them!

5. Angela says:

The hexies are really coming together. Deciding when to stop is always the hard part.

6. Cathie J says:

I love the first sister quilt. Those scrappy blocks are great. The hexies look good also. Your intersections are so perfect. Wow.

7. That’s a lot of hexies!! I’m working on a hexie pillow, but couldn’t imagine doing a full quilt of them.

8. Gina says:

Love the quilts

9. Carla says:

Your scrappy quilts look wonderful! Love the traditonal patterns!

10. Cathy L says:

Lovely hexies with lovely fabrics!

11. Juliann says:

those hexagons are wonderful and I have enjoyed watching your quilting on instagram.