Single Irish Chain

My friend, Donna, recently finished piecing her first quilt. I am the lucky one that got to quilt this beautiful Single Irish Chain!

Can you believe this is her first? It is so beautifully done! She chose this panto from Urban Elementz.

I used Glide thread in Celery for the top and Cream Magna Glide Classic in the bobbin. I turned off the lights to take this next picture so the quilting would really show.

And this is the lovely label on the back. The little white bits are stabilizer that will wash away.

I thought it might be fun to try taking a video of the quilting process. The quality admittedly isn’t great. I taped my phone to the long arm machine to do this. I hope it isn’t too loud!

Error
This video doesn’t exist

Thanks, Donna, for letting me quilt this special quilt for you!

Linking up with Pink Doxies.

This entry was posted in Finishes, Machine quilting, Pantographs. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Single Irish Chain

1. maartjequilt says:

I can not believe it is a first quilt for your friend!! It is so ebautiful, with such a sweet label. The quilting makes the quilt even more beautiful.

2. Kathy says:

Wow, what a fabulous job your friend did on her first quilt … and the quilting is superb!

3. Kathy Davenport says:

Donna’s first quilt is a real beauty, and will surely be treasured. Thanks for letting us non-longarmers “ride along”; that was a neat video.

4. Donna says:

Oh, Katy. Thank you so much for all the kind words. You and Pam have really encouraged me, and now I AM HOOKED! Thank you for the video, too. That was awesome! I couldn’t ask for any better results with the quilting. It is a good thing I had Pam do the label, or I might be tempted to keep it for myself! LOL

5. Sandi S says:

Donna made a beautiful quilt! The quilting is wonderful and so is the label. Hugs,

6. Gina says:

A great quilt

7. Cécile says:

Katy, thank you so much for the video ! I tried a Long-Arm in Paducah and realised how it changes our quilting life ! The quilt is beautiful and be sure that your friend will be happy !

8. Terri says:

Katy, beautiful first quilt. Love the video 🙂

9. What an amazing first quilt! How lovely that you could share in inspiring Donna and be part of creating the quilt to. Thanks for the video too – very clear and good to have the sound track!