Finish It Up Friday

A few weeks ago I mentioned a super secret project that I was working on. It has  now been gifted so I can share it here.

Daughter #1 made these blocks before her wedding. The guests signed the blocks instead of a guest book. She hasn’t had time to put them together and with Baby #2 coming along in December, I knew it wasn’t going to happen any time soon. So I decided to finish the quilt for her birthday.

She was so pleased! Here is a look at the back:

I used a vintage sheet that my sister found in the wedding colors.

I used Glide  thread, Hobbs 80/29 batting, and a panto called Featherize from Urban Elementz.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Richard and Tanya Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Prairie Sewn Studios, Pink Doxies, Sew Can She.

This entry was posted in Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Finish It Up Friday

1. Lynn says:

Wow, that just looks amazing. What a wonderful quilt, memory and beautiful birthday gift to complete for your daughter. Does the block have a name? Quilting is just great too.

2. I love the layout of this beautiful quilt! What a great gift!

3. Katy,
    What a thoughtful mom you are! I seems like such a short time ago I remember the anticipation of waiting for a baby, and knowing I had unfinished projects hanging out there. I still have one waiting to be finished almost 26 years later. Yikes! Wonderful gift, and beautiful backing choice.

Julie @ Punk Doxies

4. Denise says:

The block setting is great! I really like it – pinned it to my quilt board. Your daughter must be happy to have all her blocks in one beautiful place.

5. JanineMarie says:

What a wonderful birthday gift! And I really like the setting you used for the blocks.

6. Paula says:

I love this quilt! Great job, and what a wonderful memory for your daughter and son-in-law.

7. maartjequilt says:

I love the idea of good wishes on the blocks. It is a treasure. But the quilt and the quilting is so beautiful. What a surprise for your daughter!!

8. Dona Allen says:

It is just beautiful and the quilting is fabulous! what a wonderful gift!

9. Kathy Davenport says:

Love it! The quilting looks especially fantastic against that backing. Thoughtful mother to finish this for your daughter.

10. PattiP says:

I bet she was thrilled! It’s beautiful

11. Sandi S says:

What a wonderful gift you have given your daughter! So many lovely memories too. Hugs,

12. Cécile says:

What a lovely present !!

13. Daryl says:

That’s a beautiful quilt! What a great memory quilt it is.

14. Ramona says:

Your daughter must have been thrilled with this beautiful quilt. What a wonderful gift and memento from her wedding.

15. That’s a whole quilt of memories, how lovely!

16. Kathy says:

Fabulous idea … and such a gorgeous quilt! I love the setting, and of course the quilting is superb.

17. Gina says:

THat’s a great quilt and such a wonderful idea

18. Wow…what a great idea. Such a wonderful memory.