Empty Nest

Daughter #3 left the nest this past weekend. She is sharing a house with her best friend. So hubby and I are officially empty nesters! It is bittersweet, I must say. I did very little sewing yesterday, I did a lot of housework instead. I picked up a crib at a yard sale because little E has outgrown the pack and play and I put it in Daughter #3’s old room.

I like the gray walls in there and this gives me a chance to use some of my brighter quilts.   There is plenty of work to be done yet in there.

I did some cleaning in the guest room as well since I took the pack and play out.

I love to respond individually to comments, since you are so nice to leave them. However, I am woefully behind in this and I have decided to give myself a bit of a break from any extra computer work this week. I will be posting here and on Instagram, but unless there is a question, not responding to comments. My job involves lots of computer work, especially with summer reading program starting this week so I have decided to do as little typing outside of work as possible.  Thanks for understanding.

Happy Tuesday!

8 Responses to Empty Nest

Your guest room is so nice looking! I know you are going to enjoy working on the baby room. I totally understand about the typing on the computer. Have a good week. Hugs,

2. Myra says:

Your pictures are so beautiful!

3. Kathy says:

Welcome to the world of empty nesters. There are benefits and disadvantages, just like with everything else in life. I try to comment as much as possible, if the commenter isn’t a no-reply commenter, but sometimes, I get inundated and life interferes with responding to every single comment. So don’t fret if you need to go a spell without commenting. 😉

I love the new crib, Katy! Knowing you, you’ll get that room in shape in no time at all.

Also, I, for one, totally understand that replying to individual comments can be a real time killer. (I find Facebook to be another one!) I don’t know how you’ve managed thus far.

I’ll be happy just to see your (daily) posts. I especially love the photos of your works in progress and the photos of your daughters and the adorable grand babies.

Have a great summer, Katy!

5. Your rooms are looking so pretty! Empty nesters…definitely bittersweet…I know the feeling! X

6. Lara B. says:

Empty Nest and full heart Katy. Wishing you the best as you adjust. Your quilts make the rooms look great.

7. anudge says:

Enjoy your sabbatical from writing.

8. What a beautiful crib. I’m sure the empty nest will take some adjusting, but enjoy it. Enjoy your computer break as well.