It is that time again! This year is just flying by! Here are the goals I had set for May and my results:
1. The SQT group challenge for the Month is to make a Log Cabin quilt. I think that makes it a perfect time to finally finish these 4″ blocks and make the quilt already! Not done! But I did finish making the blocks and got all the paper torn out.
2. I also signed up for the small quilt swap being hosted by Lori over at Humble Quilts so I need to get something made for that. I have been toying with a few ideas and made a few HSTs before work yesterday morning. Done! And received by my swap partner.
3. I would like to make a baby quilt for a gift from this fabric. If I run out of time, I have another baby quilt already made that I can give.
I didn’t get this quilt made but I gave one that I had done last fall so I would call that a partial finish! Here is the quilt that I gifted:
4. In pondering the SQT Log Cabin challenge, I remembered this vintage top that Mr. Wonderful gave me for Christmas in 2013. I would love to quilt this up this month as well. Done!
5. I also have these lovely Amy Butler strips patiently waiting to be pieced into blocks. Done! And I have started piecing them together.
6. I signed up to do a Pay It Forward gift on Instagram. I would like to get those packages together and sent this month as well. Not done.
Now, what else did I get done this month?
I finished this small quilt:
And I quilted two QOVs.
On to my goals for June!
1. I have one more QOV top that needs to be quilted.
2. I want to finish my 16 patch top. The biggest hindrance here is deciding how big I want this to be and what to do about borders.
3. I have an idea for a flag quilt made from hourglass blocks that I want to make for my entry way. I have the pieces all cut. I would love to have this complete so I can hang it for the Fourth.
4. I am going to make a quilt for each of my sisters this summer. I have fabric for both but need to make some decisions on designs. I want to have at least one of them to the piecing stage this month.
5. I want that darn log cabin done this month!
I was given these by a dear blog reader, Jan, last year and I want to see them in a quilt this year!
That is probably enough, given that summer brings surprises of its own.