Design Wall Monday

My weekend just flew by! I did get some hexies sewn, but no progress on the 16 patch or the quilt on the frame. Hopefully I will get to those today. I did cut out pieces for a new small project.

Last summer, someone on the SQT group shared a little tumbler flag quilt they had made. This year they are talking about it again. I love flag quilts and thought it would be a fun project that would also be quick. Here is my layout.

This will finish pretty small. The template I used creates tumblers that are 2 1/2 inches tall finished.

I have to get some housework done today. My reward will be to sew!

Lining up with Patchwork Times and Cooking Up Quilts. I am also trying out a new linky party today at That’s what Che Said.

This entry was posted in Design Wall Monday, Doll Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Design Wall Monday

1. Kathy says:

What a fabulous little flag quilt. I’ve wanted to do a tumbler quilt AND a flag quilt for some time … and this looks like a perfect way to do both! Thanks for the inspiration.

I love the little tumbler flag! I’m going to put that on my to do list! I am working on a tumbler quilt right now. I’m hand piecing it and using French General Fabrics. Have a good day. Hugs,

3. Bonnie in Va says:

Yea for being far enough ahead of July 4 to actually finish this before then. When I made mine I made two sizes. I finished the tiny one but didn’t quilt the bigger one. It must be time to do that now! And, honestly, housework? I vacuum the studio regularly does that count?

What a cute little flag quilt! It will look *great* as a July table topper or wall hanging. I have the larger tumbler die but haven’t used it yet.

5. helen says:

It is lovely!
    I think this is a great pattern for a flag-quilt.
    Hope to make one this summer!
    Best wishes!

6. Quiltmouse says:

A Tumbler quilt is on my bucket list. I like the small size. My housework today is laundry – got to have something clean to wear! Happy Stitching!

7. Cécile says:

I love it !! 🙂

8. This is so cute! I have that small template and haven’t used it yet. You’ve inspired me!!

9. Great tumbler flag quilt! I think I have one of those templates too….might need to dig it out once I get the teacher gifts wrapped up!