WIP Wednesday

I finally have all the 16 patch blocks together. I spread the top out on the guest room bed to see how it looked.

Wanda, from Exuberant Color (one of my favorite blogs), suggested adding a 3 inch white border and then a wide border of a print. I have decided to take this suggestion. I just have to decide on the print and it won’t come from my stash. I just don’t have enough of anything appropriate.

I came up with a plan and started quilting the last QOV top that I have right now.

I hope to make some serious progress before work this morning on it. I’ve also kept going on the little squares as leaders/enders.

I don’t know what they will grow up to be just yet.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced and Sew Fesh Quilts.

9 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. Kathy says:

Your border ideas sound perfect! I can’t wait to see what you choose for the outer border.

2. It looks great. I like the idea of the white and then wider borders.

3. Rachel says:

Your patches work really well together. Are they all from a single line? Great idea for the borders.

4. Donna says:

Your quilt top is beautiful and it looks so happy in that room!

5. After seeing yours on the bed I know I have to make my next 16 patch quilt larger…..for use on a bed.

6. Mari says:

Love the 16-patch! It looks terrific. I always listen to Wanda–she has the best ideas. I agree that a wide border will set off the quilt. Too bad you have to go shopping for the border–what hardship! 🙂

7. Colleen says:

love your 16 patch and the headboard is really cool too. Is that a DIY project ?
    Colleen @ piecemakerquilts.wordpress.com

Oh, Katy! It looks amazing! I prefer a narrow, *dark* border (as seen at the bottom) followed by a wider medium color border. In any case, I’m sure it will be awesome.

9. Cécile says:

Amazing quilt !! Bravo Katy !