Throwback Thursday

Good Morning! I came across several older small quilts while scrounging around in my linen closet. These were all made by me back in the mid 1990’s. All were published in QUILT magazine but I am too lazy to dig through and find out which ones. This first one is all hand pieced and quilted. It measures 13 inches by 16 inches.

This little star quilt is also hand pieced and quilted. I remember working on it when Daughter #1 was at dance class so she must have been four or five. This measures 15 inches by17 inches. The color is sadly off in these photos!  Imagine 30’s green and bubble gum pink!

My Sunbinnet Sue measures 18 by 21 inches. Each Sue is 3 inches tall. I shrunk the pattern to fit the vintage fabric swatches that I had. It is also all done by hand.

I hope you enjoyed these little bits. Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation.

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Throwback Thursday. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Throwback Thursday

I love your little quilts! I recognize some of the fabric as I have them in my 30’s stash too. Now I mainly buy reproductions but I still enjoy the look of the other. Hugs,

2. Wonderful little quilts! I love having handwork to do in the evenings.

3. Vickie Lewis says:

I love to do mini/small/wall/doll quilts too, very cute!

4. Cathy says:

Lovely little quilts! You do amazing work.

5. Mary Huey says:

Delightful little quilts! I especially like the hexagons as a background for the applique!

6. Your little quilts are adorable and I enjoyed them very much. Your work is so inspiring to me thanks for sharing.
    Pauline
    perry94022 at hotmail dot com

7. Mary C says:

Inspirational, for me, as I am just beginning to really enjoy hand pieced pieces. Thank you for sharing

8. Kathy Hoback says:

Love, love, LOVE these little quilts!!! Such beautiful work! Thanks for sharing these little hand-pieced and hand-quilted inspirations.

9. Kathy says:

Adorable quilts! You know, I haven’t been a big fan of Sunbonnet Sue quilts, but seeing yours has made me change my mind!

10. Vivian says:

Wonderful little quilts! When I first started quilting, I loved finding old issues of QUILT magazine. I still find myself going back through the issues I have and planning projects from them.