I got started piecing sub units for my Goose in the Pond blocks.
This gives you an idea of how they will look finished.
I am not sure I have enough of the background fabric to make all the 9 patches that I will need. Luckily, I found a one yard piece on eBay! I hope it gets here on time for me to finish these before the next guild meeting. I have plenty of HSTs to piece in the mean time. So much for making these all from my stash!
Kathy asked if I cut my pieces using my die cutter. I did. I used three dies: the 3″ finished HST, the 3″ finished square, and my 1″ finished (1 1/2″ cut) strip die for the 9 patches and rail fence blocks. After piecing my strips for the 9 patches, I sub cut by laying my pieced strips with seams perpendicular to the blades and run them through the die cutter again. It is so fast and very accurate this way.