This and That Friday

Not a single finish this week. But it was still a good week. Yesterday, Daughter #1 came over and brought my birthday gift.

How fun is that? The fabrics are heather Bailey’s True Colors and Up Parasol.they go beautifully together and will likely end up in the same quilt.

I made a bit of progress on the Goose in the Pond blocks but I probably won’t finish them this week as planned.

Today is my day off and I will enjoy watching another lovely birthday gift from Daughter #3:

I will also be watching this little mister.

I hope to finish my HSTs during nap time. Happy Friday, everyone!

10 Responses to This and That Friday

1. Happy Birthday to you! Perfect gifts:fabric, pattern book, DVD and, of course, the cheeky grandson! I wonder which other British tv series you follow? We’ve watched Downton, and I’m now following two BBC series – The Musketeers and Call the Midwife. The Musketeers has moved on from the first series to become interesting beyond, the very handsome, Musketeers and their sword fights to developing interesting characters and back stories. ‘Call the Midwife’ is based on autobiographical books set in 1950’s East End London. It is ‘heart warming’ but also a great bit of social history too – I still struggle to believe it’s set 15 years after WW2.
    Enjoy your day!
    Allison

2. Terri says:

Happy birthday Katy, looks like it will be an outstanding one too 🙂

3. Deb says:

That little fella is a cutie!!! Love your birthday gift. Happy Birthday!!🎉

4. Lois says:

Wonderful birthday gifts! Happy birthday, Katy!

5. Cécile says:

Happy birthday Katy !! You received lovely presents……fabrics, Downtown Abbey ! (I’m a fan) and a pretty little smile…..
    Enjoy….

6. anudge says:

Happy Birthday, Katy! No finishes but that’s all right – I read the word progress in your post so that is all good. What a sweetie you will be watching. Those cherubs always make me smile and love to look after them. I’m inviting you to share your “progress” at WIPs Be Gone as it sounds like you will be making progress while life graces your time.

7. Anja says:

Happy Birthday!! Awesome gifts. Enjoy your day.

Happy Birthday and Welcome back. Love your birthday fabric! The little mister is such a cutie! Hugs,

9. Louise says:

He is most adorable…lovely birthday gifts…I am just finishing up the last episode of Downton Abby Season 5. I am thinking of ordering either Call the Midwife or Anzac Girls…lovely fabric rolls.
    Again, Birthday greetings. I am sure enjoying your blog.

10. Mayleen says:

Happy Birthday! Those are great gifts and your little guy is so sweet!