Finish It Up Friday

I managed one small finish this week. I am happy to have found and finished this UFO. Here is what it looked like when I found it last week.

2015/01/img_18261.jpg
I took this with me on my trip when I realized with some rearranging that it could be a table runner. I worked on it in the car and made the top version you see below.

2015/01/img_1836.jpg
I think a table runner should look good from all sides and that version wasn’t symmetrical enough for me. So I took it apart again and came up with the bottom version. I’m still not crazy about it but it is what it is. I layered it with a backing and batting and turned the whole thing pillowcase style. I added minimal quilting with my walking foot and called it done.

2015/01/img_1842.jpg
That is not enough quilting for me normally but it was all I had energy for this week.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Be careful out there, this flu is a nasty one and you can pick it up pretty much anywhere!

Linking up with  Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and Richard and Tanya Quilts.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Friday

1. Kathy says:

You can always add more quilting when you’re feeling up to it. I’ve been wondering how you’re doing … I hope you’re starting to feel a little better. Take care.

2. Judy D in WA says:

I sure hope you are over this nastiness! It just sucks the life right out of you.
    Your table runner is fabulous. Like Kathy says, you can always add to the quilting if you want.

3. Sarah Goer says:

I love your adjustment to the pattern. It looks great. I love the dimensional feel that it has by having the lights around the edge.

4. The runner looks lovely. And I think it’s a perfect amount of quilting for a table runner. It lets to fabric and design stand out.

5. Lois says:

It turned out wonderfully, Katy! I sure hope you’re feeling better. My poor son has been dealing with kidney stones for over a WEEK! He’ll be having surgery today. I’m sending healing thoughts and prayers for both of you.

6. Jan/WI says:

Love how the runner turned out. You can always add more quilting later. Hope you feel better soon.

7. anudge says:

Turned out great, Kathy. Hope you are feeling better.

8. Cécile says:

Your little runner is so stunning !! Love it !

9. Anja says:

Looks great to me. Hope you feel better soon.

10. Susan says:

Quite a nice finish it is, too! I like it, like the fabrics, and think it looks great. I say that all the time, too. It is what it is. =)

11. It is beautiful! I love how you made it symmetrical.

12. Tlb says:

Love it and glad to see you’re feeling better 🙂 I agree this years flu virus is a bad one!