Design Wall Monday

I finally felt good enough to do a bit of stitching this weekend. I’ve had a stack of fat quarters set aside for a quilt for someone for quite some time. I finally decided what to do with them.

2015/01/img_1845.jpg
First I cut them up into 5 inch squares. Then I put them up on the design wall.

2015/01/img_1847.jpg
I used a free pattern from Robert Kauffman, found here ,for the heart. I wanted to make this bigger so I added white orders and 4 patches.

2015/01/img_1849.jpg
Then it was time to quilt.

2015/01/img_1856.jpg

2015/01/img_1857.jpg
I am quite taken with the current trend of graffiti quilting. All that is left this week is some hand stitching on the binding. I will share the complete finish on Friday.

Linking up with Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday and Cooking up Quilts for MCM.

This entry was posted in Free Motion Quilting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Design Wall Monday

1. redeemedsheep says:

Your quilting is gorgeous!!!!

2. Kathy says:

I love that heart quilt … so fresh, yet so sweet. I’m looking forward to seeing the finish on Friday.

3. Judy D in WA says:

Love the quilt. The quilting is just fabulous!

4. Lea Anne says:

Love love love! Everything, and the quilting…..YUM! Looking forward to the finish.

5. Cécile says:

Hello Katy !!
    Your heart is soooo romantic !!
    And the quilting seems very easy with your long arm….Lucky woman ! :)))

6. What a great way to use up some of your stash. I really like how you framed out the heart with the borders.

7. So glad you are well enough to get back in your sewing room. The quilting is amazing!

8. Your quilting is amazing! I really like the fabrics you are using and look forward to seeing this quilt finished. 🙂 Thanks for linking up to MCM!

9. Lu Ann says:

Your quilting is great! You are quite an artist, Katy. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt on Friday.

I love your quilt! Your quilting is gorgeous! Hugs,

11. Lois says:

Your quilting is amazing, Katy! The sky is the limit it seems.

12. Stunning!!! I really love the prints you chose and the added corner 4-patches. I wish I had your quilting skills – the graffiti design is so neat!

13. Teri says:

I just love those pixelated hearts! I can’t stop making them. It looks like you had fun quilting it.

14. Beautiful little heart quilt and stunning quilting so far! Glad you were able to find some energy to sew! It’s always a little piece of heaven!

15. fancyfootfarm says:

Visiting from the MCM link up. Love the heart. Beautiful quilting!

16. sdaurio says:

Oh you are a natural with the graffiti quilting! Looks absolutely wonderful. Was it as fun as it looms? Because it looks like you had a great time with it.

17. I like the fabric and I really like what you’ve done with it. Great idea! Can’t wait to see the completed project. Glad you’re feeling better!

18. Anja says:

Wow. Amazing quilting.

19. Susan says:

The quilt was nice, and then I saw the quilting! Oh, my gosh! I would say that’s a far cry from graffiti. =) Beautiful, beautiful quilting. Glad you are feeling better!