Slow Stitching Sunday

I got my slow stitching in early. That’s what insomnia will do for you!

IMG_1113.JPG
I finished the hand sewing on the binding of my little windmill quilt.

IMG_1123.JPG
This is all vintage fabrics except for the Kona Snow background. The blocks finish at 4 inches. And yes, Sue, there is a feather in the border. You just can’t see it!
I also got my favorite piecing machine cleaned and oiled this morning.

IMG_1140.JPG
Friday night, I decided it was time to get another Quilt of Valor started. I wanted something quick and easy. I got my pieces cut and ready to go.

IMG_1117.JPG
I so love my studio cutter! It makes cutting pieces go so fast. I will show more of this tomorrow.

Linking up with Kathy for Slow Stitching Sunday.

This entry was posted in Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. Gail says:

I love the striped binding and the feathers in the border. A fun little quilt!

2. Judy D in WA says:

Such a fun little quilt! Yeah feathers-they look fabulous! Don’t you love the sound of your featherweight?

3. Christine says:

This is a perfect little quilt, I love everything in it!

4. Carla says:

Love the vintage fabrics, the stripes are really great in the little windmills!

5. I love your little pinwheel quilt. The striped binding is perfect for it.

6. Lois says:

Love it! Your hand stitching is invisible, Katy! Great job! Looking forward to the Quilt of Valor you’ll be sharing next.

7. Love a striped binding! And I really love your beautiful featherweight!

8. Anja says:

Great job on the mini windmill.

9. CathieJ says:

Nice job on the pinwheel quilt. Great color combos.

10. Your Featherweight is beautiful! I think they have the prettiest straight stitch available. Thank you for sharing!

11. Kathy says:

That pinwheel quilt is fabulous! Love the pinwheels, love the colors, and love the striped binding!