Design Wall Monday

Friday night, I cut these pieces for a new Quilt of Valor.

IMG_1117.JPG
And I got some of the pieces put together.

IMG_1130.JPG
Before work on Saturday, I finished most of the blocks.

IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1135.JPG
And early Sunday morning, I got the blocks put together

IMG_1136.JPG
I guess I forgot to take the picture after they were all in one piece. I even got the borders added! But no picture of that either.

Today I am heading down to Lansing with my Avante for a software update and cleaning. I am also dropping off a couple of completed Quilts of Valor to our State Coordinator.

Linking up with Patchwork a Times for DWMonday.

9 Responses to Design Wall Monday

1. Judy says:

Wow! That was fast! It always amazes me how such a ‘simple’ block can make such an amazing quilt! This is awesome. Bookmarking, might need ‘simple and quick’ when I finish up the languishing projects I am currently working on! Can’t wait to see this one all quilted up!!

2. Anja says:

What a great quilt.

3. Ramona says:

What a beautiful quilt for Quilts of Valor. So striking in its simplicity…red, white and blue solids. Perfect.

4. Helen says:

I have a blue and white quilt that uses this pattern. It’s been waiting for borders for a while. I’m impressed at how fast you got this put together, it looks beautiful!

5. Lois says:

You are “quick like a bunny”, Katy. 🙂
    I know you often use an Accuquilt cutter but may I ask what size are these various dies and what size did the quilt turn out to be? Thanks!

6. What a great job you’ve done! I do enjoy seeing how simple shapes can turn into something so pretty like this.

7. Robin Sue says:

I love it! I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets so caught up in the work they forget the camera.

8. Jeanne says: