Finish It Up Friday ~ Scrappy Star

I recently participated in an online workshop by Emily at Aunt Em’s Quilts. I finished my top and even quilted it before heading out west.

I finally finished the binding this week.

I tried to get creative with the quilting, but there are some areas that bother me. Live and learn.

This next photo isn’t great, but it definitely shows the texture. I’m still learning about the best places in my back yard and the best times of day to take photos.

Here is the back..

I am a wife, mom of four amazing adult kids, and a former librarian. I love making everything from traditional quilts to art quilts. I am thankful to God my Father and Creator for the gift of creativity!
This entry was posted in Finishes 2021, Small Quilts, Solids, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Scrappy Star

1. Kathleen Kingsbury says:

So I’m behind in my reading, but there you go! See how nice the binding looks with the back? I knew it would. :o)

2. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

I like how each block is different. It’s bright and vibrant.

3. quiltipatti says:

love the quilt. i know what you mean about liking some of the quilting. each time gets better. and we already know it looks better after washing. the last photo says the quilt is wonderful. good job. patti in florida

4. Judi M says:

Love your quilting. Looks pretty creative to me! Interesting how much more the texture showed up in the one photo than the others.

5. What a beautiful quilt, from start to finish! (And look at that clear blue sky! We have snow , . . )

6. Sue H says:

Beautiful quilt and the quilting looks amazing to me. I’m taking notes! Ha!

7. susie Q says:

amazing quilting…… a great finish