I’ve been working in the sewing room and I’ve found lots of things that need to go! So it’s time for a virtual garage sale.
Today, I’m listing vintage fabrics. I love these! Actually, I love them too much. I’ve never been able to cut into them. I have noted sizes and condition for each item. Prices do not include shipping.
Here is the fine print. I will only sell and ship to addresses within the US. I take payment via PayPal. If you would like an item, send an email to me at sew4given@ aol.com and include the item number and your zip code. I will then send a PayPal invoice with shipping costs added. If payment is not made within 24 hours of invoicing, item will be marked available for next buyer.
1. Okay, I did actually use a piece of this for the back of a small quilt. But I’m selling the rest. This is 45 inches long and the fabric width is 36 inches. There is a small spot where a paper label had been. It is unwashed. $6 Sold
2. 2 3/4 yards floral cotton. 36 inches wide. Unwashed. $12
3. This is a lot of three pieces. The green satin measures 31 by 17 inches. The purple satin is 2 yards by. 17 inches. The green silk (?) is 45 inches wide and is over three yards. It is gorgeous. All vintage. The satins are heavy. $16
4. This is 38 inches wide and 3 3/4 yards long. I’m not certain of fabric content. It is light weight and the burn test shows no poly. $12
5. Cotton with border print along one edge. 2 1/2 yards by 36 inches wide. $10
6. Two pieces, same print. One piece is 32 inches long, the other is 1 1/2 yards long. Width is 38 inches. $10
7. Border print along one edge. 2 yards by 36 inches. $10 Sold
8. 54 inches by 36 inches wide. Rectangular motifs are about 3 1/2 by 5 inches. $7
9. Border print along one edge. 2 yards by 38 inches wide. Slight yellowing on part shown in photo. $10
10. 2 yards by 38 inches. Feels like feedsack, but it’s yardage. $12 Sold
11. Border print. 29 inches wide by 56 inches long. Evidence of stitching along top edge. $7
12. Vintage calico, heavier than current quilting cottons. One yard plus a little, 45 inches wide. Unwashed. $6 Sold
13. Border print, possibly for pillow cases? 2 yards by 36 inches wide. Tiny bit of yellowing as shown in center of photo below. $10
14. Looks like a polished cotton with white design screened on top. 4 yards by 36 inches wide. Slight discoloration along fold. Unwashed. $18 sold
15. Linen toweling. 4 yards by 18 inches wide. Plus extra half yard with water stain, as shown. $15 Sold
16. Vintage Christmas border print one yard by 38 inches wide. Plus 16 by 16 inch square of another print. $8
17. The holy grail here! Two matching feedsacks for making pillowcases! Stitching has been removed, but you can see the holes in the second photo. These are in beautiful condition. $35
18. Polished cotton. Measures 53 inches long by 36 inches wide. There is a 45 inch extension on this piece that is 21 inches wide. $ 10
19. Feedsack kitchen towels. Two towels from one sack. Full piece measures 80 inches long by 17 inches wide. Some discoloration an a few small stains as shown. $10
20. Pink piece is 36 long by 36 inches wide. Green is 33 by 12 inches. $7
21. Bark cloth. 23 by 47 inches. Used. Some tiny holes throughout, see photos. Would be great for pillows or a tote bag. Fairly heavy. Beautiful print. $12
22. Lot of vintage 60-70s fabrics. Mary Poppins flannel is 1/3 yard. Strawberry border print is one yard by 34 inches wide. Psychedelic print is a bit over a yard by 45 inches wide. $8 Sold
I have more vintage fabrics that I will list in another post immediately following this one (these posts get too long quickly!). I’m happy to combine lots to save shipping.
If anyone in Michigan is interested in vintage toy sewing machines, let me know. I plan to sell at least half of my collection and I’d rather not ship.
Thanks! Have a great day!
Katy love your fabric stash. By any chance do you still have? > 14. Looks like a polished cotton with white design screened on top. 4 yards by 36 inches wide. Slight discoloration along fold. Unwashed. $18. If so I’d love to purchase it. Let me know
Wonderful collection, good luck with the sale. Cindy Nelson
Sent from my iPad
It is a very special collection you have there Katy.!.Igattered also a lot of special fabrics.
Offen I only ‘spoke’ to them. But also ‘later’ i had the courage yo use the sissers.
Good luck. Have a nice day, Anneke