I used some thick thread to quilt my Hexie piece to the felt background.
I went back and added some quilting in the interior. I should have done that closer to the seams. Oh, well. When that was done, I used pinking shears to remove the extra felt.
Ta daaaa! I thought this would be perfect for my round table in AZ.
But maybe not. It looks a bit tiny on this table.
BTW, I intended to use wool felt, but I had acrylic craft felt on hand and used that instead. It worked fine, not everything has to be a masterpiece! I also planned to use perle cotton for the stitching, but I couldn’t find mine anywhere! I ended up using an old spool of button thread I had on hand. I tested to make sure it was still strong. It too worked out just fine. I’m always proud of myself when I make to with what I have instead of buying more stuff.
Speaking of using what I have, I used leftover Hexies to make coasters in the same fashion.
Now every Hexie in this size is really gone!
I like how these turned out. And they are already in use.
Have a great day!