Fabric Storage

I brought fabric here in plastic bins. It isn’t ideal for a working sewing room, but it works. However, during my daily perusal of marketplace ads, I found this for $10 and couldn’t pass it up.

I don’t know the brand, it isn’t like the Ikea ones I have at home. And I think it was put together wrong. All five baskets only fit when it is upside down. Probably fixable, but that’s a project for another day. I put the shirting pieces I brought in the bottom.

Backgrounds and neutrals next up.

Then used the top two got precuts.

The top of this unit is plastic. I am hoping I can find one more just like it. If anyone has an idea of what brand this is, I’d love to know!

This entry was posted in Sewing Room Pics, Stash Management, Storage. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Fabric Storage

1. Nann says:

Looks like Closet Maid. I bought five of ’em at Home Depot this fall. They replace cheap, sagging particle-board shelving.

2. Deb says:

Have you tried Turning the whole thing upside down and putting the plastic top piece on where the bottom is now?

3. susie q says:

container store

4. Betty Clark says:

I have 4 of them which I got at Home Depot. I use the baskets for projects, scraps, etc. I love them! I only wish I had room for more..

5. Janet says:

The basket system is made by Closet Maid and comes in a variety of widths and depths. I bought mine at Home Depot and use them in the pantry and also in my sewing room for fabric. The person you bought yours from just did not get the right combo of depth of the baskets to fit the frame. They come in short, medium and tall depths.

What a fantastic FIND, Katy!!

7. Mary Ehrichs says:

I got mine at Menards.

8. Cynthia says:

What a great find – the basket tower. And you have filled it with treasures. How did you decide which fabric to bring to your second home and what to leave in your primary home??

9. Quiltmouse says:

It’s exciting to see your finds & how your sewing room comes together.

10. I’m no help, but I gotta say, that floral layer cake is gorgeous!

11. Susan Mullen says: