Finish It Up Friday ~ Dream Big

The title of this panel feels very appropriate for this piece. It will hang in my Arizona house. This house has been a big dream of mine for a very long time!

It was the last thing I quilted on Friday before leaving. Here is the backing.

I decided to finish this with a facing instead of a binding.

I ended up with the center of the flower not laying quite flat, but blocking seemed to help.

I love the texture!

Now to get this hung up! Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Finishes 2020, Free Motion Quilting, HQ Forte, Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Dream Big

1. rl2b2017 says:

Wow, wow, WOW Katy! This turned out fabulous. It will be stunning anywhere you hang it but somehow I think it belongs in your Arizona home. Just the tones and shades – you’ve highlighted all the best of this Dream Big. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

2. You did a masterful job of quilting on this! It is gorgeous.

3. quiltipatti says:

fantastic quilting. here’s a thought i mentioned to someone else. put a sleeve on both top and bottom so it can be turned around – that way it doesn’t always try to droop the same way; heck, if you want, put a sleeve on all four sides. (don’t you love me offering you more work?) patti in florida

It’s gorgeous!! You did so good. Hugs,

Wow! Absolutely STUNNING!!

6. Mmm yummy texture! You did a beautiful job on this!

7. Sue B says:

I absolutely love the way you quilted this one Katy! I’ve got a couple of these panels & have looked at many different ways they’ve been quilted. I definitely want to do one like this, it really makes the petals lovely. I’m enjoying watching your adventures in setting up your new home in Arizona, what a blessing to be able to be near your Arizona kids & grandkids.

8. Tami Von Zalez says:

I would like to hear more about your dream house. I have been tending toward simple is better and to see that piece with quilting as the star is delightful.

9. Jannette Binder says:

Wow! That looks so elegant – your quilting really took it to the next level!

10. So pretty! And how fun to have a new quilt for your new home!

11. Ronda Reitz says:

Absolutely gorgeous!

12. Kathy D. says:

Wow! I’m always amazed how quilting takes these flower panels to new levels, and yours didn’t disappoint. Facing was a good call; this will look wonderful in your new home.

13. Jean says:

Very pretty, Katy. Good luck in your new home.
    -Jean ❤