Dream Big

I really wanted to quilt this up to hang in our new home.

I thought about doing feathers, but I’ve already done that. I’ve been putting this off afraid I would ruin it. But that’s just silly. It’s only fabric! So I came up with a plan. I use an app called Doodle for this.

I loaded it up and quilted the outline I had marked.

Ila, a very sweet bloggy friend, sent me this nifty long arm tool that was a huge help in following the lines.

I move the long arm with my right hand and hold this with my left. It helps give great control. Thanks, Ila!

It’s too soon to tell if I like this yet.

The texture is good though. Have a great day!

This entry was posted in HQ Forte, Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Dream Big

1. knitnkwilt says:

I like it, a lot!

2. 123terri says:

I love it! I have two of these to do, but put off cause I might ruin them or not like what I do. What’s the name of that tool you used as a guide ?

3. 123terri says:

I love it! I have two of those to do that my son bought for me last year. Keep telling myself like you it’s only material go for it, lol
    What’s the name of that nifty little tool your friend got for you?

Oh, my GOODNESS! The quilting is GORGEOUS!!

5. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! It may be too soon for YOU to tell if you like it or not, but I can cast a vote on this Election Day that I like it! What a nifty tool and how nice of Ila. ~smile~ Roseanne

6. Laurie says:

I think it’s great! Keep going and have a safe trip to Arizona.

7. Bev Parrish says:

Absolutely beautiful! I’ve been wanting to do the same thing. I’ve had the same fear. Anxious to see the finished product. I’m getting the courage after seeing your photos. Thank you for sharing them.

8. Ronda Reitz says:

This is going to be gorgeous!