Finish It Up Thursday ~ FQS Half Yard Jam

Remember back in August when I was working on a secret sewing project? I can finally share it with you! I present to you Half Yard Jam, a pattern by the Fat Quarter Shop!

This is a big quilt measuring 90 by 90 inches and it requires 18 half yard pieces. I used Pin Drop by a Riley Blake for my version.

I used random bits of leftover yardage for today back.

I will be using this for a wedding gift.

Although it does look great on this bed….

You can find the free pattern here. And you can click here to go to the FQS blog and see other versions of this quilt.

This post contains affiliate links.

9 Responses to Finish It Up Thursday ~ FQS Half Yard Jam

1. such a fun bold quilt!! I love it! and congrats on keeping it secret!

2. Janet O. says:

I love this–and I thought it was a mini at first, too. But what a great quilt when you need something big without a lot of time to get it made (nothing this large is ever “quick” but some are less involved than others, and this looks less involved). Thanks for the link to the pattern. I tried the second link and it said “Page Not Found”.

3. Lori DeJarnatt says:

That is really spectacular!

4. anudge says:

What an exuberant quilt! It’s all that color highlighted by being solids. I’m not a fan of solids, but this quilt might change my mind. Love the quilting pattern, too. Congrats, Katy!

That is beautiful!! I love it. Thank you for the links. Hugs,

Love it! I imagine it would be quite fun laying the pieces out.

7. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! Gosh, that quilt looks gorgeous on the bed. I have some of this same fabric that I haven’t done anything with yet. This is definitely inspiring me to get to work on it! ~smile~ Roseanne

8. That has a really bright, bold statement – so fun! At first I thought it was a mini, until I read your text. It looks great on your bed!

9. WOW! So beautiful ❤ I love how the simple piecing makes a stunning design and you picked a great quilting design too!!