Moving Slowly Today

I returned from a quick visit to AZ last night. I got a bit of sewing done at Daughter #2’s house while she was working.

I also hemmed curtains for her while I was there and fixed a harness for my cute grand dog, Winnie.

We had a low key week for the most part, but we did have some very exciting news….

My son got engaged! We are thrilled. My new daughter in love is just the best! We even did a bit of quilting together.

She is a fast learner and did such a great job.

She is working on a lap quilt for a friend.

I got to spend time with Big L.

And Little L.

He’s always moving so it’s hard to get a good photo. It was warm!

But that doesn’t stop me from wanting a house out there! It is a dream that I have. I never thought I’d be a snowbird, but really, I just want to spend more time with my kids on both sides of the country.

My goal for the day is to unpack and take a nap. Have a good one!

12 Responses to Moving Slowly Today

1. Oh how exciting!! Congratulations! What a delightful surprise. I wish them every happiness.

2. johannes123qqq says:

congratulations to you all with this new engagement. They are looking so happy!
    Tomorrow our granddaughter will visit us with her first friend. It seems to be very serious!
    Good for them.

3. Zenia Rene says:

How exciting for your son! They look so happy too! When’s the wedding?

4. anudge says:

Congrats. They look so happy.

5. Deborah Sharpe says:

Congratulations to your son! I know you are happy. So glad she likes to sew. It was sewing that brought me and my mother-in-law close. I dearly miss her. She loved to quilt and do crafts. When I had no money to buy cloth, she shared her stash with me. So many great memories.

6. Charlotta Bright Norby says:

Cute couple. They look so happy, appropriately 💕❤️. And what a bonus that she’s into quilting. Love her fabric choices,

7. Diane Muldoon says:

Wonderful Arizona…just gotta fry that egg on the sidewalk!! And a new DIL to be who is willing to quilt…wahoo…the best

8. Darlynn Venne says:

First congratulations on the addition to the family!!! Second, when did those grands get so big!!!

Sounds like it was a fun visit, Katy. Congrats to your son and his lovely lady on their engagement. Big and Little L are just soooo cute. I could n.e.v.e.r. live in AZ even though my eldest son lives there. Luckily for him, he gets to work from home.

Congratulations to the young couple! The boys are so cute. Hugs,

11. Congratulations to you all on the engagement! How exciting! Those littles aren’t looking so little anymore! 118 – yowza, that is a bit warm 🙂

12. doris says:

Beautiful family! So glad you got to spend time with them.