Churn Dash Decision Time

I participated in a swap organized by Barb at Fun with Barb a few years ago and ended up with 66 Civil War Repro blocks. They will finish at 6 inches. I’m still trying to decide how to set these. I could set them on point like this, or with alternate plain blocks.

I’ve used this setting with four patches. With off white in the blank spots, I’d have lots of room for quilting.

Maybe wide sashing.

Wide sashing with cornerstones?

I rather like the look of this last one, maybe I could use scrappy shirting fabrics for the sashing and keep The whole thing quite light. I really want to get this off the UFO list, so I hope to make a decision soon.

7 Responses to Churn Dash Decision Time

1. barbvedder says:

looking forward to seeing how you set these blocks.
    I still have mine to set too

2. Laura Haynes says:

… but overall, I like the diagonal arrangement best.

3. Laura Haynes says:

The last layout says traditional to me, and seems very appropriate for a quilt with mostly Civil War type fabrics.

4. Deborah Sharpe says:

I really like the last one best.

5. Susan Earle says:

I really liked the second choice, with the blocks running diagonally. I find it more interesting.

6. The second picture makes me wonder how it would look with several in an irregular bunch near a corner and then more scattered as you work up and over…probably not explaining very well and perhaps too modern, but might be worth considering.

7. Zenia Rene says:

I like the idea of wide sashing & cornerstones best too! I’ve become fond of the idea of cornerstones. I did them on my own for the first time on the Wonky Patriotic Star and am I’m planning some in the border of the current quilt I’m working on.