Finish It Up Friday ~ Sort of…

I was so hoping to have this finished this week, but my penchant for making huge projects has foiled me. I have gone through my stash and have nothing to use for a backing or binding. I don’t even have batting wide enough.

But a finished top is still progress, right? This is a queen sized bed so you can see how huge it is.

I have no place big enough to lay this out and get a full photo. Here is a quarter of it.

I have ordered fabric for backing and binding. I haven’t decided on batting yet. I’m bummed that this isn’t finished, but it is what it is. I’m very glad the monotonous piecing is behind me.

Have a great weekend!

10 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Sort of…

1. Cocoa Quilts says:

I am waiting patiently to see this one done. I love it! Waiting to see what backing you are using too.

2. Isn’t that a bummer?! I too have one for the longarm but have no backing/binding. My large pieces are lacking. I can’t wait to see the finish on this one, as it is beautiful now in it’s current state!

3. Sandra B says:

I have to admit…when I first saw these fabrics, I was not too excited about this project…but seeing it all sewn into a quilt top, I love it!! I was sure the solid neutral colors would result in a rather plain looking quilt…I could not have been more wrong! It really sings!!
    Cannot wait to see what you use for backing and binding, and how you decide to quilt it….
    Thanks for sharing this quilt’s journey!

4. anudge says:

Congratulations on your finished top. It turned out great.

5. Zenia Rene says:

I love it! And It is huge! What are the dims? Mine will be 96 x 120 and I’m planning a 3 strip horizontal backing but my batting is only 90″. I already know I don’t want to mess with piecing batting unless you can show me an easy peasy genius way to do it. I’m thinking I’ll wait for a Joann sale or coupon and order a King size pkg.

6. I feel your frustration at not being able to finish it, Katy. Glad you have the backing and binding on order though. You’ll have it done soon! It looks just beautiful on the bed. Those neutrals are very soothing (and I’m not normally a neutrals person).

7. For being a neutral color palette it really pops and it has tons of movement ❤ Love it!

8. Sq_Dancer576@live.com says:

Love how it turned out.

9. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

A finished top is a finish!! It looks great.

10. johannes123qqq says:

The lines in this top are really interesting!
    Now still the finshing touch. Succes Katy.