Finish It Up Friday ~ Tumbler Triumph!

Wendy has provided me with the best name for this quilt! It caused plenty of trouble, but it’s finally done.

I love the border print. I’ve saved it a long time for just the right quilt.

I’ve been using what I have on hand and this backing is a new, organic cotton sheet from Target that I had sitting around for a long time.

I had a terrible time getting good photos. It was a beautiful day, but the light was too harsh for photos.

It was also plenty windy!

For now, I have it in my second guest room. It goes well with the Elongated Hexie quilt that I recently finished.

I’m thrilled that this one is done. It turned out a good twin size. Have a great day!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Alycia Quilts

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes, Finishes 2020, UFOs. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Tumbler Triumph!

1. KatieQ says:

Everything about this quilt is perfect, from the boarder fabric to the check binding. It works well in the room with the elongated hexie quilt.

2. Lynn says:

Very pretty, great green with the colours, lovely border and topped off with wonderful quilting.

3. blackeyedsewsan says:

Although it was probably a pain in the ‘neck’ :), that extra column of 1/2 hexies made all the difference. It’s terrific & love the 2 quilts together. From fiercely windy, rainy Boston.

It’s wonderful!! I love your border fabric and backing. They are perfect with the green in your background. Hugs,

5. Sandra B says:

Great finish, Katy!
    The border fabric is perfect!! I don’t think you could have found a better one… thanks for sharing!

6. Frédérique says:

Lovely guest room, full of quilts! I love this new quilt, so pretty.

7. Jannette Binder says:

Beautiful! I love that you added a border of the background fabric rather than cutting off the edges of the tumblers – it frames the quilt so well, and gives a bit of a break before the brightness of the outer border!

8. Tami Von Zalez says:

You can see it is a wonderful finish with a perfect name!

9. Patricia Ludwiczak says:

That border really makes this quilt sing! Beautiful job.

10. Really pretty! And it DOES look like it was made to go with that other quilt in the room.

11. That is a fantastic finish!! your border print is just perfect as is the quilting! I love it in your guest room!

12. What a pretty quilt, Katy! I love the border and backing fabric, and that little green check for the binding is really nice. Of course, the quilting is wonderful. A good finish – definitely a triumph!

13. Diane says:

The fabric for the boarder is just perfect. For all the trouble, this turned out to be a terrific quilt. Sigh of relief.

14. Val W says:

You found the perfect border for this quilt. It really pulls it together and lifts it up. And your quilting is wonderful, of course!

15. Kathy D. says:

Congratulations on a triumphant finish! This is a lovely quilt, and it must be quite satisfying to walk into that bedroom.

16. shoshana says:

i wasn’t super excited about this one as you’ve been showing all the pictures, but seeing it finished, it’s just stunningly gorgeous! like a breath of fresh spring air. wonderful