Finish It Up Friday ~ DS Hexie Quilt

I’ve been chipping away at my UFO list and today I have another finish.

I started hand piecing these in 2016.

I used the green I was considering for the border as binding and for part of the backing.

Here’s a peek at the other fabric I used in the backing.

Isn’t that fun? I was given this by a local friend and finally found the perfect use for it. Thanks, Jean!

All the fabrics in the top are from Denyse Schmidt lines.

Linking up with Alycia Quilts , Confessions of a Fabric Addict

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes 2020, UFOs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ DS Hexie Quilt

1. alicekrehbiel says:

Lovely quilt! Makes me want to try my hand at hand stitching a quilt too! Thanks for the eye candy! Alice

2. Judy Blauer says:

This one really is spectacular!

Your talent never fails to amaze me, Katy. I’m swooning over this quilt. Great job!

4. C says:

How fun!
    Wrong spelling on the back fabric and all!

5. anudge says:

Striking front and back! You’re so creative and productive.

6. Sharon Browne says:

Love this quilt design and the fabric! Denyse Schmidt is one of my favorite designers and her fabric is hard to get right now. The border is perfect too.

7. This is just so beautiful!! I love all the colors and the movement in it!! and that binding just brings it all together!!

8. So pretty! Love the quilts you make, and that backing is so cool!

9. Diane says:

Love the look of this quilt. The back is wonderful. Isn’t it amazing how wonderful scrappy quilts turn out.

Oh, I love it!!! This does look vintage. I love the back, you did good! Hugs,

11. Val W says:

What an appealing quilt. Vintage look with a modern twist.

12. It’s beautiful Katy!! That’s a lot of hand sewing – wow! I love that fabric on the back too, it gives the whole quilt a vintage feel ❤

13. That is a wonderful quilt! Well done.