Another Vintage Top

Remember when hubby and I went to antique shops on New Years? I passed on this quilt top. But since February is my birth month, I went back and got it for myself.

Do you ever buy gifts for yourself? This top is so nicely done and I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

Many pieces are pieces like this.

I just love all these fun fabrics!

As you can see, this one is pretty big. I may add a narrow solid border yet.

And thanks to the kindness of a blog reader, Ila, I have the perfect backing for it!

isn’t this perfect? She is so kind! I’ll enjoy looking at all these fabrics while finishing this one.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Another Vintage Top

1. Tami Von Zalez says:

I am curious what you paid for it. It is one I would have snagged too.

2. LoriD@Humblequilts says:

I love it! And it makes a perfect birthday gift for yourself!

3. Wendy Reed says:

I often go back after seeing something I really like. What a perfect birthday gift to yourself! Happy Birthday!

I’m glad it was still there!! It has some neat fabrics.i do buy gifts for myself especially for my birthday. I’m a February birthday girl too. I’m on the 1sr. I celebrate all month too. 😂 Hugs,

5. Ila Migut says:

I’m thrilled that you can use the fabric…it looks perfect! You really made my day!

6. Happy Birthday this month! I’m glad you went back and bought it for yourself. How large is it? Will be fun to see you finish this one. You find some beauties. I never find any around here!

7. Kathy D. says:

What a great quilt! Those fabrics are wonderful; I wonder how many different ones there are? Looking forward to seeing your finish on this one.