Dollhouse Chronicles ~ A New House!

I know, I know, I said only one dollhouse, maybe two, and here is number three. Sometimes my collections get out of hand. Anyway, I found this one on Facebook Marketplace for $4 and my dear SIL picked it up for me.

This one is pretty small. The scale is 1:24.

My first quandary is the paint scheme. I kind of like the natural wood, but there are some glue spots that likely won’t take stain. Paint might be a better option.

My original thought was that this would be a perfect Laura Ingalls house. The inside is what I always imagined the LittleHouse in the Big Woods would have looked like. Painting the exterior would move this into a different time period.

I won’t be working on this any time soon, so I have time to think on it. Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Doll House, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Dollhouse Chronicles ~ A New House!

1. Diane Muldoon says:

Well, My Lynsey will be 11 in February…She is NUTS about dollhouses…She has four. At an antique store recently we found a tin dollhouse…We were just looking, you know. The minute she saw it, she said down to play and organize some of the furniture….I told her that she had no business with another dollhouse in her room, but, if we told no one and pretended it was from Santa, I would get it for her for her big present…She was soooo thrilled. It is now hiding behind a chair in my bedroom waiting for Santa to claim it. Lynsey wants a dollhouse village, so the dolls can visit each other…This latest doll house present was $20 Wahoo.

2. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! I can absolutely imagine this as Laura Ingalls’ home. How fun – you would get bored if you only had the two houses to work on. ~smile~ Roseanne

What a great find!! I wouldn’t have been able to pass it up either. This should be fun!

4. Shasta says:

Oops I see you said it might not take a stain. Maybe a wood color paint.

5. Shasta says:

It is beautiful! And $4 is a great price for a house – I can see why you couldn’t resist. Maybe you can stain it with a wood color of your choice.

6. Jeanne says:

I love all your dollhouse adventures! This one would be sooooo good as a cabin. Maybe you could just touch up the gluey spots with paint to blend into stain?

7. Well, keep finding them! I’m thoroughly enjoying watching your progress on each one. Cannot wait to see this one take shape!

8. Anneke Simis- Hoogland says:

This is nice. We, my girls and I , have seen the complete series so many times!. And later our grandchildren . In those days my husband was looking to .
    Good luck Katy with Laura Ingalls house.
    Have a nice weekend.