This and That Tuesday

I recently won a giveaway from Lori at Humble Quilts . It was in connection with the string quilt along that she hosted. How fun is this? The book was a fascinating read.

And check out these tiny fabric bolts? They will be perfect for my dollhouses!

I visited my mom last week and that lovely package was waiting for me when I returned home. Thank you, Lori!

Crossing the Mackinaw Bridge is always a milestone in the trip.

While I was home, we put up my mom’s Christmas decorations.

The pups were so cold! But they were fantastic little travelers.

On the way home, I had to stop and snap a few photos along Lake Michigan. The beauty of God’s creation is breathtaking.

I stopped in to Sew Creative in my hometown, Rhinelander, WI. They are closing their local store and had everything 25% off. I picked up these one yard pieces as well as some things for Friday, my long arm. They are great people and will be opening a long arm studio in Tomahawk, Wisconsin. I highly recommend them if you are in the market for a long arm or classes.

It was a great trip, but we were pretty tired when we got home!

10 Responses to This and That Tuesday

1. jean fletcher says:

That book looks like a real winner!

2. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

Look at those cute little doggie faces. ♥

3. anudge says:

And congrats on your win! Woohoo.

4. anudge says:

You look like your mom – both lovely ladies. Amen to God’s wonders!

5. Diane says:

what a wonderful slide show! And those cute pups are so wonderful. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

6. Ha! Those tiny bolts are perfect for your doll house!! And the pics of Winslow & Willy are too cute…but the one of Willy sleeping is just too precious for words ❤

I’m so glad you got to visit with your mom!! I love road trips. Those puppies are just so cute. What a wonderful surprise to have waiting for you when you got home. Hugs,

8. LoriD says:

Wow, that ice on next to the lake!! It does look cold!!
    So fun to help your mom get into the festive mood! The pups are adorable.

9. What a fun post, Katy! Those little tiny bolts are so cute, and those pups are adorable. I love that drive across that bridge, with those amazing views. Jane Kirkpatrick is a good author; have you read any of her other books? All Together in One Place is one of my favorites.

10. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! Aww, those tiny bolts are so cute. Almost as cute as the pups, who look so worn out as if they were driving! Nice photo of your Mom – I hope you two had fun. Lake Michigan is just beautiful and it is a wonder. It seems like crossing the Mackinaw Bridge will be getting dicey soon. ~smile~ Roseanne